Windows 10: I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

Discus and support I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The caller told me that he was calling from Reading, UK, the Microsoft Office. And that something might be going on in my computer, possibly that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BillCalypso, Feb 26, 2024.

1. I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

The caller told me that he was calling from Reading, UK, the Microsoft Office. And that something might be going on in my computer, possibly that there might be scammers involved. He told me to have a look at my event viewer. I had a look, and there were the usual informations, warnings, errors, etc. I don't know what any of those indications mean. I told the caller, yes it has the usual things in there, which I don't understand, but that there's no problem with my computer. I told him that my Microsoft virus scanner has never reported a problem. He insisted that there was something wrong. He

:)

BillCalypso, Feb 26, 2024

2. How to connect printer to Landline telephone for faxing

How to connect landline telephone to computer for faxing

EdwardDempsey2, Feb 26, 2024
  3. MisterEd Win User
    End of landlines?  

The following reference says that a person can still use their old phones with the new system but they have to use a VoIP adaptor with them. How does hat work? Does every landline phone in the home require one of these adaptors? Wouldn't it have been simpler like my ISP does and let you plug the router into the existing phone socket on the wall so all the old phone all over the house are plugged in like before?
    The Digital Telephone Switchover and Its Impact on Lifeline Users https://www.lifeline24.co.uk/digital...ne-switchover/

MisterEd, Feb 26, 2024
  4. z3r010 Win User

I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

End of landlines?

Yes, in the places where copper is being retired all premises will be swapped to full fibre. Some of the latest info on the rollout can be found here - Openreach Name 98 New UK Areas for Copper Phone to Fibre Switch - Tranche 7 - ISPreview UK

z3r010, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

1. I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my... - Similar Threads - received landline telephone

2. How can I receive a Text on a landline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I receive a Text on a landline: Hello is there any way for me to receive a verification code text from a landline phone number?I'm trying to log in into my account. I had this phone number linked to my account back in the 2017 or 2018 when I first made it and I could receive a call. Now I don't know why...
  3. I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...: The caller told me that he was calling from Reading, UK, the Microsoft Office. And that something might be going on in my computer, possibly that there might be scammers involved. He told me to have a look at my event viewer. I had a look, and there were the usual...
  4. I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I received a landline telephone call in UK, telling me that there's something wrong with my...: The caller told me that he was calling from Reading, UK, the Microsoft Office. And that something might be going on in my computer, possibly that there might be scammers involved. He told me to have a look at my event viewer. I had a look, and there were the usual...
  5. Telephone Call . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Telephone Call . . .: I want to be able, to make a phone number, using my computer, speakers and microphone. If it works, I want to call 816 ***-****. 536-2203 That way . . . I can talk to my wife "Dana" Thanks for reading . . . Jerry If, I install Skype . . . You have to pay for it's...
  6. Telephone Call . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Telephone Call . . .: I'm living in a retirement home. But, I have no access to a telephone. Would it be possible, to make a phone call? Using my, computer speakers & mic? Would it, be a free app? How do I, dial etc. Please explain everything. Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  7. my system will not allow me to use "Word". It keeps telling me that something is wrong and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my system will not allow me to use "Word". It keeps telling me that something is wrong and...: I'm trying to write a letter on Word but it is saying: (Word has run into a problem and needs to fix it.) It asked if I wanted to fix it now and I said yes. So now what?...
  8. Sky Go is telling me I am not in UK

Sky Go is telling me I am not in UK: Tried turning off router and pc for half an hour and then turning on. Still getting error code 1405 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sky-go-is-telling-me-i-am-not-in-uk/0fe38ff9-0a17-46b9-898d-ad922d8a7e85
  9. telephone calls on renewing

telephone calls on renewing: Getting calls from a woman stating that my microsoft windows will expire today if I do not call 860-503-8831 immediately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/telephone-calls-on-renewing/d00eb4f4-ec1e-46e1-bb3e-ea94402cf06f"
  10. Telephone calls

Telephone calls: We are regularly getting telephone calls from people saying they are from Microsoft and that there is a problems with our computers I know this is a con and tell them to get stuffed my sister in law was conned by them and lost £5000.I know that most people on this site will...