Windows 10: I received a new modem from Shaw but I cannot connect to the internet, the Shaw guy was...

Discus and support I received a new modem from Shaw but I cannot connect to the internet, the Shaw guy was... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot connect to the internet, Shaw sent me a new modem, I unplugged the old modem and plugged in the new one but now it is saying "not connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Catherine Liderth, Oct 11, 2019.

1. I received a new modem from Shaw but I cannot connect to the internet, the Shaw guy was...

I cannot connect to the internet, Shaw sent me a new modem, I unplugged the old modem and plugged in the new one but now it is saying "not connected to the internet".

:)

Catherine Liderth, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Pavan1709 Win User

Shaw webmail - no support in Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern. I will be glad to assist you.

I am sorry to inform you that Shaw Webmail is not supported in
    Microsoft Edge I suggest you to use Internet Explorer.

Follow the link for more information on Shaw Webmail and contact
    Shaw support community.

Community.shaw.ca/welcome

See if this helps.

Thanks.

Pavan1709, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150

Hi,
    I built my first computer in two months ago and switched to Shaw internet 150, I was getting around 150Mbps on the new computer at the start, but recently tested my internet with speedtest.net and shaw’s own internet test and I’m constantly getting 15Mbps.

The computer is connected directly to the modem through Ethernet

I believe it has to do with the computer not the provider side since,
    1. My phone connected to the same modem through wifi gets 130Mbps
    2. My older laptops which is also using windows 10 can get to 80Mbps(limited by the older hardware) when connected through Ethernet.
    (which also means its not bottlenecked by the Ethernet cable)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Motherboard: Z170A Gaming M5, latest bios
    have updated all the device drivers
    peer to peer download and almost all of the Windows 10 privacy settings are disabled
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tried:
    -Disabling global autotuninglevel as suggested by a post on ghacks
    -Disabling firewall
    -Resetting the modem
    -Uninstalled the most recent cumulative update(but didn’t going on to older updates because I’m not sure how Win10 will reverting the updates especially if not in order which they were installed)

Unfortunately non of the above worked
    the computer only have a bare amount of software, only the necessary divers, anti-virus(Norton Security), plus the likes of Microsoft Office, Adobe reader, dropbox etc. and a few steam games.
    All hardwares are new.

I have seen people saying they have notice the same problem after a certain windows 10 update but was only resolved it by reinstall windows 10 and refuse any future updates (which I wouldn’t really want to resort to unless there is no other option since the updates are important for getting security patches)

Plus, since my laptop which also have the latest Windows 10 on it can get better speed, it probably has so do with certain windows 10 settings or the computer’s hardware, or could it be something else? Any one know what might be the cause of this?

ZeSandvich, Oct 11, 2019
  4. I received a new modem from Shaw but I cannot connect to the internet, the Shaw guy was...

Windows 10 email not finding all my sub-folders in my Shaw WebMail

I have done everything suggested and I have the same files listed under my Shaw email and no way to add files either. The option is not there. I think Windows 10 Mail doesn't totally sync with some email accounts.

DebSwaitkewich, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

I received a new modem from Shaw but I cannot connect to the internet, the Shaw guy was...

1. I received a new modem from Shaw but I cannot connect to the internet, the Shaw guy was... - Similar Threads - received modem Shaw

2. New laptop and cannot connect to the Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New laptop and cannot connect to the Internet: Hello, hope someone can help me.I've just got a new laptop Lenovo ThinkPad, and after the initial OS setup Win10 I cannot establish the internet connection. While initiating OS for the first time, when I got the the part Connecting to the Internet, I chose Windows with No...
  3. Cannot receive emails or browse internet while connected to a new router

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot receive emails or browse internet while connected to a new router: Hi all,Please assist. I recently moved to a new home and received a new router. My windows 10 laptop will connect to the wifi, but will not download emails or allow me onto the internet.I have done everything that has been seen as possible solutions. Resetting router,...
  4. Hello guys, i am having trouble with connecting to my new internet, everytime i try to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello guys, i am having trouble with connecting to my new internet, everytime i try to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xd_moonlight [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5mfex/hello_guys_i_am_having_trouble_with_connecting_to/
  5. Desktop not connecting to new modem

Desktop not connecting to new modem: Hello. I just got a new modem for my home wifi. All my other devices laptop, roku, tablet, phones, etc connect to the wifi without a problem. Our desktop doesn't want to work with the new modem. My network & internet settings say that I'm connected but that there is "no...
  6. USB modem won’t connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB modem won’t connect to the internet: The problem occurred after Windows 10 update. The USB modem won’t connect with a message that the connection is interrupted. How to fix the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-modem-wont-connect-to-the-internet/b883ab70-2d7d-4e8a-8d89-cb258c8a6c5d
  7. INTERNET, MODEM

INTERNET, MODEM: Hello. I created a standard user account in Windows 10. My modem which works okay in the administrator account is not working in the standard user account... Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-modem/8bb8b0e0-ed2a-4e93-89f5-4632996d524c
  8. I cannot connect to the internet

I cannot connect to the internet: I cannot connect to the internet with my PC with windows 10. neither for Wi-Fi nor wired, I was checking and my brother's PC is something different than mine, in the if you have a network icon as a monitor and when we disconnect it from the Internet the same icon appears but...
  9. I cannot get connected to the internet

I cannot get connected to the internet: For 2 days, when I attempt to sign in, a screen pops up that says, "No dial-up locations found. Cloick NEW to create a new location." I have wifi and my computer says that I am connected. What should I do? I have tried tech support and that is a waste of time....
  10. Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150

Only getting 15Mbps while using Shaw 150: Hi, I built my first computer in two months ago and switched to Shaw internet 150, I was getting around 150Mbps on the new computer at the start, but recently tested my internet with speedtest.net and shaw’s own internet test and I’m constantly getting 15Mbps. The...