Windows 10: I received a suspicious email purporting to be from One Drive

Discus and support I received a suspicious email purporting to be from One Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I received an email from OneDrive <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>. The message said, "Look back on your memories from this day."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by loyall, Jul 16, 2021.

1. loyall Win User

I received a suspicious email purporting to be from One Drive

Today I received an email from OneDrive <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>. The message said, "Look back on your memories from this day." This email contained images of photos from my One Drive Backup. I was afraid, so I did not allow Thunderbird to unblock remote access to this email message, and I immediately deleted the email. My question is how did someone gain access to my cloud documents and publish on the internet? What and how much do I need to be afraid of? What can I do to protect myself.

:)

loyall, Jul 16, 2021
  2. Dave Land Win User

Suspicious "Welcome to Windows 10" email?

Hello,

I came to his page after receiving the same suspicious email.

I had written a reply asking you to confirm whether the suspicious email originated with Microsoft.

I just received another, correct email, admitting that an error at Microsoft led to the suspicious email.

Thank you

Dave Land, Jul 16, 2021
  3. recieved a suspicious email

could someone please inform me if this email is legit.

the email I received this morning claimed it was from Microsoft and that they had detected suspicious log in

the email said "We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device, or app."

To help keep you safe, we've blocked access to your inbox, contacts list, and calendar for that sign-in. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you secure your account. To regain access, you'll need to confirm that the recent activity was
    yours.

is this legit or some sort of hoax email tring to get my personal details ?

robertdamen, Jul 16, 2021
  4. I received a suspicious email purporting to be from One Drive

Received a message

Hi Iris,

You can protect yourself from any suspicious emails or messages that may be a phishing scams by following the preventive measures below:

• Never reply to an email that asks you to send personal or account information.
    • If you receive an email, don't click any links that supposedly take you to another website.
    • Never open any file attached to a suspicious-looking email.
    • Search the web for the email subject line followed by the word
      hoax
      to see if anyone else has reported this scam.
    In addition, we’d like to request to perform the following steps below:

• Provide us the screenshot of the malware you have encountered.
    • Run Windows Defender and perform a Full System Scan.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

<edited by the moderator>

Johann Eva, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

I received a suspicious email purporting to be from One Drive

1. I received a suspicious email purporting to be from One Drive - Similar Threads - received suspicious email

2. I am not receiving emails from one company.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not receiving emails from one company.: I have installed a new PC and now I can not receive emails from one Company I use for ordering products. I now have Window 11 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-receiving-emails-from-one-company/0e6322f9-bddc-43f7-8d1b-71b2a10be952
  3. I am not receiving emails from one company.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not receiving emails from one company.: I have installed a new PC and now I can not receive emails from one Company I use for ordering products. I now have Window 11 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-receiving-emails-from-one-company/0e6322f9-bddc-43f7-8d1b-71b2a10be952
  4. Suspicious email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspicious email: Has anyone else had an email saying they are from the administrations of live.co.uk saying that a request had been placed to deactivate you outlook email account and to click a link to cancel it?...
  5. Suspicious email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious email: Has anyone else had an email saying they are from the administrations of live.co.uk saying that a request had been placed to deactivate you outlook email account and to click a link to cancel it?...
  6. Suspicious Email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Email: I just got an email from Windows Defender Store with the email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I believe this is spam since its a gmail.com email and not microsoft.com and I didn't purchase nor did my credit card on file get dinged for Windows Defender...
  7. Suspicious Email

Suspicious Email: I received an email stating that $249.99 was going to be taken out of my account for Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection? It also has a phone number 844-956-1796. I need to know if this is real or fake and should I call the number listed? Thank you....
  8. Suspicious email

Suspicious email: I received an email but it was as if someone is sending it to themselves via me.how is that possible,am i hacked?what to do?i changed password only.j. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/suspicious-email/45faed4f-365a-4820-b2d6-a82a048deaf5
  9. suspicious email

suspicious email: Trying to find out if an email I received is really from ms. Have sent in form, redid password. Anything else I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspicious-email/63ded4fa-ebc3-4ad5-93b5-f03459acf1bd"
  10. Suspicious email received from an Outlook account

Suspicious email received from an Outlook account: I received a suspicious email that appears to have been sent from an Outlook account. Here's the full header -- is there any way to determine the genuine originating IP address or any other information to unmask the identity of the person(s) who sent this? (I've redacted my...