Windows 10: I received an email, and I think it's a scam. I have not answered.

Discus and support I received an email, and I think it's a scam. I have not answered. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please see the email I have received. I got hacked ones before, and I don't trust anything. Hi *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, Due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Heinz Haushammer, Jul 20, 2020.

1. I received an email, and I think it's a scam. I have not answered.

Please see the email I have received.

I got hacked ones before, and I don't trust anything.

Hi *** Email address is removed for privacy ***,

Due to a problem with your card, we have been unable to charge your account. Your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services.

To continue using Apple ID, you need to update your payment information. Make sure you update this by July 20, 2020. Otherwise your account will be automatically lock up.

Hi *** Email address is removed for privacy ***,

Due to a problem with your card, we have been unable to charge your account. Your Apple ID automatically locks to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services.

To continue using Apple ID, you need to update your payment information. Make sure you update this by July 20, 2020. Otherwise your account will be automatically lock up.

Sincerely,
    Apple Support

Sincerely,
    Apple Support

:)

Heinz Haushammer, Jul 20, 2020
  2. anil ma Win User

I think this was a scam

I received a phone call today from the number 0019798268468. They have phoned yesterday also when I was out.

They claimed to be microsoft telling me I had a virus on my computer. I told them this was not the case and put the phone down.

I think this was a scam, primarily as Microsoft wouldn't call about a virus if I had not notified them, and secondly to the best of my knowledge I have never given microsoft my home phone number.

Is the number phoned from one that has been reported before?

Thanks

anil ma, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, Jul 20, 2020
  4. I received an email, and I think it's a scam. I have not answered.

I think i was approached with a scam

I think i was approached with a scam from a man with an Indian accent who said I needed to pay an amount to maintain my Microsoft services. The number was 206-309-3835. Obvious scam but thought Microsoft would want to know about this.

BruceAppel, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

I received an email, and I think it's a scam. I have not answered.

1. I received an email, and I think it's a scam. I have not answered. - Similar Threads - received email scam

2. I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam: I received an email today from Microsoft saying I have to upgrade or they'll delete my files? Is this from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-an-email-today-i-have-to-upgrade-it/02f56194-f11a-4466-9124-cca043b870aa
  3. I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I received an email today. I have to upgrade? It looks like a scam: I received an email today from Microsoft saying I have to upgrade or they'll delete my files? Is this from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-an-email-today-i-have-to-upgrade-it/02f56194-f11a-4466-9124-cca043b870aa
  4. Scam I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam I think: I had a message come up on my computer when on line about a locked screen and to not turn it off but to call the number on the screen for Microsoft seems like a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-i-think/e177db9c-0aa2-4f5f-916d-ad2991c32f48
  5. Scam I think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam I think: I had a message come up on my computer when on line about a locked screen and to not turn it off but to call the number on the screen for Microsoft seems like a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-i-think/e177db9c-0aa2-4f5f-916d-ad2991c32f48
  6. Scam I think

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. SCAM - this email I received today

SCAM - this email I received today: I received this email today. I assume this is a scam. I tried to call the number but all I got was a busy signal. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you for using our services.This email is regarding your purchase of Microsoft defender. Please check below for more details of...
  8. Received an email fraudulent this morning with the Microsoft logo. I think is a scam.

Received an email fraudulent this morning with the Microsoft logo. I think is a scam.: Received an email this morning that I was being charged for a Microsoft VPN Upgrade which I did not order or subscribe to. ie; Order confirmation Order ID #69821548 Dear user, We know you are excited to get your new windows update. This email is in regards to let you know...
  9. I think I was scammed.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think I was scammed.: I think I was scammed. Is NextWeb a tech affiliate of Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-was-scammed/6fb8f29a-fd21-45a4-ad9a-ce5d69e66742
  10. I think I have been scammed

I think I have been scammed: My computer came up with a message saying that it had been blocked because of a virus threat. I could not 'x' out of it or any of the programmes that I had open so I called the number on the screen - an 0800 number so it looked ok. I then stupidly gave them remote access...