Windows 10: I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam?

Discus and support I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JudyBausch, Aug 7, 2021.

1. I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam?

I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam?

:)

JudyBausch, Aug 7, 2021

2. Window Defender Scam

I received a scam email concerning Windows Defender Protection this morning which I did not call phone number listed. Just wanted to advise you of this email.

monroejohnson, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Scam

I received an email stating I am being charged $199.00 for windows defender can this be true or is it a scam?

[Original Title: window defender]

bettyeharris, Aug 7, 2021
  4. I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam?

Received a message

Hi Iris,

You can protect yourself from any suspicious emails or messages that may be a phishing scams by following the preventive measures below:

• Never reply to an email that asks you to send personal or account information.
    • If you receive an email, don't click any links that supposedly take you to another website.
    • Never open any file attached to a suspicious-looking email.
    • Search the web for the email subject line followed by the word
      hoax
      to see if anyone else has reported this scam.
    In addition, we’d like to request to perform the following steps below:

• Provide us the screenshot of the malware you have encountered.
    • Run Windows Defender and perform a Full System Scan.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

<edited by the moderator>

Johann Eva, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam?

1. I received an email asking me to purchase Microsoft Defender. Is this a scam? - Similar Threads - received email asking

2. SCAM EMAIL RECEIVED FOR WINDOWS DEFENDER I NEVER ORDERED IT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCAM EMAIL RECEIVED FOR WINDOWS DEFENDER I NEVER ORDERED IT: ArchiveMoveDeleteSpamOrder Confirmation2Yahoo/DraftsWindows Defender Order <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>To:Dear CustomerFri, Feb 4 at 4:18 PMMicrosoft Accounts Customer ID : 572257Invoice ID : MS-475456-161597Email : *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  3. SCAM EMAIL RECEIVED FOR WINDOWS DEFENDER I NEVER ORDERED IT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCAM EMAIL RECEIVED FOR WINDOWS DEFENDER I NEVER ORDERED IT: ArchiveMoveDeleteSpamOrder Confirmation2Yahoo/DraftsWindows Defender Order <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>To:Dear CustomerFri, Feb 4 at 4:18 PMMicrosoft Accounts Customer ID : 572257Invoice ID : MS-475456-161597Email : *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  4. Microsoft Defender Protection email scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Protection email scam?: I received an email from Microsoft Defender Protection that supposedly charged us $399.00, We have 72 hours to cancel. I'm assuming this is a scam???...
  5. Microsoft Defender Protection email scam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Protection email scam?: I received an email from Microsoft Defender Protection that supposedly charged us $399.00, We have 72 hours to cancel. I'm assuming this is a scam???...
  6. Scam: email ask me to purchase subscription

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam: email ask me to purchase subscription: I received a email stating I had purchased a subscription for 399.00 I did not do this. I googled the telephone number which is listed as a scam. I want to make sure I am not charged for this. Lannett[Original Title: Scam.]...
  7. SCAM - this email I received today

SCAM - this email I received today: I received this email today. I assume this is a scam. I tried to call the number but all I got was a busy signal. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you for using our services.This email is regarding your purchase of Microsoft defender. Please check below for more details of...
  8. Windows Defender email asking for renewal scam

Windows Defender email asking for renewal scam: Got following email and called #, but based on conversation quickly determined this was a scam. Was told that MS had stopped support for Windows Defender and I could not find any reference to Windows Defender anywhere in Windows system programs. Please confirm that this is...
  9. Is This a Scam? Received email Supposedly from Microsoft Asking for Two-Step Verification

Is This a Scam? Received email Supposedly from Microsoft Asking for Two-Step Verification: Hello Microsoft Forum, Today in my inbox, I saw the following email -- it came four times -- from Microsoft, and I suspect it's a fraud, particularly because I don't remember trying to sign in anywhere. Can someone please tell me if my suspicions are correct? Thanks, Daffy...
  10. Microsoft Purchase Scam

Microsoft Purchase Scam: Hey guys 1st time here, just thought I'd share this since I haven't seen anyone else report this. Anyways this is another scam similar to the ones where you'll get spooked into contacting a listed "Microsoft tech support". A support who sounds like he just learned english...