Windows 10: I received an inaccessible boot device error after trying to install windows 10 version...

Discus and support I received an inaccessible boot device error after trying to install windows 10 version... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; iaccessible boot device, blue screen after update failed to install and windows was in the process of uunistalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Isaac-6860, Oct 2, 2019.

1. I received an inaccessible boot device error after trying to install windows 10 version...

iaccessible boot device, blue screen after update failed to install and windows was in the process of uunistalling

:)

Isaac-6860, Oct 2, 2019

2. Windows BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

Hi Lewis,

The Inaccessible Boot Device error that you received may indicate that the system has lost access to the system partition. This can be due to corrupted system files or components. To troubleshoot this error, we suggest that you follow the methods provided
    on this support article. Select the
    After an update was installed option to view the appropriate steps. This includes steps on how to uninstall the affected update version.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Oct 2, 2019
  3. "Inaccessible Boot Device" error

Hi Bill,

The Inaccessible Boot Device error is usually occurring if a device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • Can you boot the PC to the desktop?
    • What update are you trying to uninstall?
    • What error message are you getting when you are trying to uninstall the update?

Since you already performed the troubleshooting steps that you mentioned in your post, we suggest performing an in-place upgrade. This
    article published by
    PaulSey provides further information on how to perform an in-place upgrade with Windows 10. In-place upgrade can repair Windows system files and can give you an option to keep your program and personal files. Check if the same issue persists
    after performing an in-place upgrade.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 2, 2019
  4. bromberg Win User

I received an inaccessible boot device error after trying to install windows 10 version...

Inaccessible boot device

Suddenly, I cannot boot my Windows 10 Pro (v1903).
    I was fine with the new upgrade to version 1903 for a couple of weeks but for reasons I cannot determine, I am now getting the error message: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE.
    I got into the repair menu and through DOS I issued a bootrec.exe /fixboot command but received an ACCESS IS DENIED error message.
    I used my one and only restore point and was able to get back up. But when I rebooted the same INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE message reappeared and now I have no restore points to work with (so a lesson to you all: check whether Windows is creating more than one!).

Also, I tried the usual chkdsk & sfc commands which (as usual) were useless.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Danny

bromberg, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

I received an inaccessible boot device error after trying to install windows 10 version...

1. I received an inaccessible boot device error after trying to install windows 10 version... - Similar Threads - received inaccessible boot

2. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  3. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  4. installing windows after Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing windows after Inaccessible boot device: few days ago i tried making my DVDRW work through deleting upperfilter and lowerfilter in regedit. but instead i suppose i deleted my hdds Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} . and now i cant boot my pc...
  5. installing windows after Inaccessible boot device

installing windows after Inaccessible boot device: few days ago i tried making my DVDRW work through deleting upperfilter and lowerfilter in regedit. but instead i suppose i deleted my hdds Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} . and now i cant boot my pc...
  6. installing windows after Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  8. Inaccessible boot device error

Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  9. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible boot device error: Hello, i uninstalled the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and then restarted the computer. But after restarting the windows does not start and keeps giving the Inaccessible Boot device error and restarts the laptop. And when the laptop restarts the windows Automatic...
  10. Inaccessible boot device after installing drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible boot device after installing drivers: After installing drivers for my motherboard and restarting my computer, windows kept saying inaccessible boot device. Is there a way to reset the drivers or get into windows to reset the drivers?...