Windows 10: I received emails saying account security support

Discus and support I received emails saying account security support in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I received emails saying account security support. I just changed microsoft password. Do I beed to do anything else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by donna bristow, May 23, 2024.

1. I received emails saying account security support

I received emails saying account security support. I just changed microsoft password. Do I beed to do anything else

:)

donna bristow, May 23, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 23, 2024
  3. webJockey Win User
    email account hacked. please help

Thanks MailMan78. Just did what BarbaricSoul said but I am still receiving spam from my own account, don't know what to do. I have contacted yahoo about issue and to restore my emails. Also now yahoo offers "Step two verification"

webJockey, May 23, 2024
  4. MT Alex Win User

I received emails saying account security support

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! I received emails saying account security support :eek:

MT Alex, May 23, 2024
Thema:

I received emails saying account security support

1. I received emails saying account security support - Similar Threads - received emails saying

2. I received emails saying account security support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received emails saying account security support: I received emails saying account security support. I just changed microsoft password. Do I beed to do anything else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-emails-saying-account-security-support/e5cd9a44-f27e-40a9-b0c1-c6970673cb3d
  3. I have received several emails about security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have received several emails about security: from microsoft account t. saying security was deleted not sure if spam or scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-received-several-emails-about-security/8740571c-7002-4d6a-a143-8291237072c0
  4. I have received several emails about security

I have received several emails about security: from microsoft account t. saying security was deleted not sure if spam or scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-received-several-emails-about-security/8740571c-7002-4d6a-a143-8291237072c0
  5. receiving emails security and purchase emails in Chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    receiving emails security and purchase emails in Chinese: I have been recieving Emails in Chinese for awhile and have never used my devices in any language but English. My country is set to United states, prefered lanugage is set to English in all 3 Language Info options. I have verified my Microsoft accounts launguage setting are...
  6. receiving emails security and purchase emails in Chinese

receiving emails security and purchase emails in Chinese: I have been recieving Emails in Chinese for awhile and have never used my devices in any language but English. My country is set to United states, prefered lanugage is set to English in all 3 Language Info options. I have verified my Microsoft accounts launguage setting are...
  7. Device Security says : Standard hardware security not supported , but it was supported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Security says : Standard hardware security not supported , but it was supported...: Hello Microsoft Team , I'm having this problem that it doesn't allow me to enable Device Security on Windows 11. I have a Gaming Laptop : Asus ROG Strix G533ZS . Device security is supported on my Laptop as far as i know because it came with Windows 11 pre-installed. I was...
  8. Device Security says : Standard hardware security not supported , but it was supported...

Device Security says : Standard hardware security not supported , but it was supported...: Hello Microsoft Team , I'm having this problem that it doesn't allow me to enable Device Security on Windows 11. I have a Gaming Laptop : Asus ROG Strix G533ZS . Device security is supported on my Laptop as far as i know because it came with Windows 11 pre-installed. I was...
  9. cannot receive support, says i am not the owner of the case.

cannot receive support, says i am not the owner of the case.: back ground: PC suddenly running EXTREMELY slow after it did an automatic repair. trying to fix, cant even load disk defrag or cleanup. went to microsoft support to use their help chat, but as soon as i enter my info it says "we cannot assist you as you are not the owner of...
  10. Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security.: Hello, I can sign in to my Microsoft account on my trusted devices. However, if I try to sign in on another computer it asks for my phone number and tells me the phone number or is incorrect. I have verified my email address and phone number are entered correctly. When I...