Windows 10: I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday

Discus and support I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded a pivot animator 3 months earlier It also downloaded a AVG antivirus free trial version.i deleted the antivirus and the pivot... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Helpmefastt, Apr 15, 2021.

1. I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday

I downloaded a pivot animator 3 months earlier

It also downloaded a AVG antivirus free trial version.i deleted the antivirus and the pivot animator.it turned off my windows defender.i backed it up by seeing a youtube video but after that i am getting this win32/defendertamperingrestore everyday i scan and remove it idk how to fix it

I even tried after clearing my protection history

Pls help fast

P.S my laptops working absolutly fine

[Original Title: Malware]

:)

Helpmefastt, Apr 15, 2021

2. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Hi there.

Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus:
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions:

a) Is it a memory-resident malware?

b) Is it launched in my computer startup?

c) Or is it activated when I run some software. How can I know which software is launching it? I guess that MSERT must know.

d) Where it is located?

e) How can I delete it?

f) FINALLY.......IS IT DANGEROUS? (For example, Is my computer safe to use it with my credit card payments)

Regards

Hernán Covarrubias

Mobile: +569 9870 3539

Private mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Hernan Cova, Apr 15, 2021
  3. ChNew Win User
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Looks like Microsoft has updated the entry on their security site - this is a catch to reconfigure real-time detection if it has been disabled. Below is what is listed on MS's site now:

Summary

This detection is for suboptimal configurations that may prevent Windows Defender Antivirus from functioning properly.

If you see this detection, a suboptimal configuration was detected, and Windows Defender Antivirus will auto-heal by automatically resetting to more secure configurations.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wds.../DefenderTamperingRestore&ThreatID=2147741622

ChNew, Apr 15, 2021
  4. I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday

JasonS_CCS, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday

1. I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday - Similar Threads - received warning Win32

2. VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore is triggering / recurring almost everyday on alot of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore is triggering / recurring almost everyday on alot of...: Hello,We've recently moved from our main AV that we used for years to microsoft defender. So we've uninstalled our main AV on all of our devices, and we pushed / enabled microsoft defender via our RMM platform and on 80% of our devices everything runs / is fine.BUT, on 20% of...
  3. VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore is triggering / recurring almost everyday on alot of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore is triggering / recurring almost everyday on alot of...: Hello,We've recently moved from our main AV that we used for years to microsoft defender. So we've uninstalled our main AV on all of our devices, and we pushed / enabled microsoft defender via our RMM platform and on 80% of our devices everything runs / is fine.BUT, on 20% of...
  4. VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore is triggering / recurring almost everyday on alot of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  6. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  7. VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore

VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi.I have a fully up-to-date HP PAVILION laptop with Windows 11 HOME.I check for updates every day with Windows Update.The PC is protected with Malwarebytes Premium updated in the malware definitions several times a day; I always keep the Windows Defender virus definitions up...
  8. How can I Delete win32:Defendertamperingrestore?

How can I Delete win32:Defendertamperingrestore?: The Microsoft anti-virus detects it but can't remove it. I tried running every scan but that didn't work. I tried updating Windows but that didn't work either. I tried third-party anti virus but still didn't work. Sometimes my anti-virus detects it and sometimes it doesn't....
  9. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi there. Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus: Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions: a Is it a memory-resident malware? b Is it launched in my computer...
  10. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender: Just saw this show up on our virus report on one system and one critical server. Microsoft info on it is non-existent and only 5 days old, however. Anyone else see this? Is it just a false positive from turning AV off temporarily at some point in the past? Thanks in advance!...