Windows 10: I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can...

Discus and support I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can i see it again or can anyone tell me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bernardo Marques1, Mar 31, 2023.

1. I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can...

I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can i see it again or can anyone tell me

:)

Bernardo Marques1, Mar 31, 2023

2. Windows won't activate a digital license but will with a product key?

Pardon my jumping in...

On the first point: Once you have a digital license on a machine, you don't really need the key again. You could simply reinstall Windows using the generic key. Windows then creates a hash that is unique to your computer. It will look on the Windows activation servers to see if that machine has ever been activated before with the same edition of Windows. If it has, it will auto activate. There is no need to transfer any sort of license or even take any action whatsoever. It's just magic *Smile.

One the final point, regarding usage of license keys for Win 10 and 11. Just to take that point one step further - If you activate a system with Win 10, you can at any time install Windows 11 as well. You can also go the other way around. If you use a license to install Win 11, you could later decide to install Win 10 instead. Even the generic keys are the same for Win 10 and 11. So, those licenses are truly interchangeable because they are one and the same.

Just to illustrate a scenario that is common for me:

Let's say that I have a new computer. I typically like to install by doing a fully automated, unattended install. With an unattended install you use a generic key. For example, I will use the Win 10 / 11 Pro generic key. Because generic keys are NOT activation keys, Windows will not activate automatically after installation. I will have to provide a real Win 10 / 11 Pro key to activate it. At that point a digital license is created and stored on Microsoft servers for my system.

Once activated, I toss that key, knowing that I will never need it again.

Now, assume that I reinstall Windows from scratch again on that same system. If I'm doing an unattended install I provide the generic key (because unattended installation needs some sort of key). If I'm manually stepping through the installation, I simply tell Windows that I don't have a key. I just make sure that I am installing the same edition of Windows (Pro). After installation, Windows checks the Microsoft servers to see if a digital license exists for that machine. If it does, it activates. Note that at no time did I need to reference the original license key or perform any sort of transfer. It just happens automagically.

Hope that helps!

hsehestedt, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Lost My windows key or digital license

i lost my hd. mobo and processor on my old pc.. i bought a new pc today. and i'm trying to recovery my serial key or my digital license..but can't find how to do it.. already try some steps given but cant find where my digital license is or my windows
    serial key is..not sure wich one i have...

Leandro Medeiros afegão, Mar 31, 2023
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can...

Digital license key

What do you mean by digital license "key"? I've heard of a digital license for Windows 10, and I've heard of a Product Key for Windows 10, but I've never heard of a digital license key.

NavyLCDR, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can...

1. I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can... - Similar Threads - recently bought digital

2. Where can I buy a digital windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I buy a digital windows 10 license?: Hello, I am planning to build my own computer and would like to buy a digital Windows 10 license key instead of a physical one. I cant seem to find any official websites that sell them. Is there any way I can get it? Thanks...
  3. Where can I buy a digital windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I buy a digital windows 10 license?: Hello, I am planning to build my own computer and would like to buy a digital Windows 10 license key instead of a physical one. I cant seem to find any official websites that sell them. Is there any way I can get it? Thanks...
  4. Where can I buy a digital windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I refund the windows 11 home product key i bought?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I refund the windows 11 home product key i bought?: Can I refund the Windows 11 home product key I bought? It's been 6 months already. I just found at I was not using the product key I bought because my computer already has an OS. turns out I did not need it. How can I return this "item" or product?...
  6. Can I refund the windows 11 home product key i bought?

Can I refund the windows 11 home product key i bought?: Can I refund the Windows 11 home product key I bought? It's been 6 months already. I just found at I was not using the product key I bought because my computer already has an OS. turns out I did not need it. How can I return this "item" or product?...
  7. I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can...

I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can...: I recently bought a digital license of Windows 11 Home, but i didn't saw the Key, where can i see it again or can anyone tell me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-bought-a-digital-license-of-windows-11/657bd66b-ca58-4ec2-a1ca-5e4e3ac08789
  8. Where can I check my windows digital licenses?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where can I check my windows digital licenses?: I recently damaged my internal HDD. The laptop originally came with Windows 8 pre-installed. So the Windows 10 digital license can't be attached to the BIOS. I want to know if the Windows 10 digital license was linked to my Microsoft Account or not. I know that it can be done...
  9. Digital license of windows 10- where can I locate?

Digital license of windows 10- where can I locate?: Hi, Where can I locate my digital license of window 10. I am unable to find the digital license, I upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. Today I re-installed windows on my laptop. Now the system is asking me for product key. Please help. Regards, Praveen Sharma...
  10. Where can I see my digital license key?

Where can I see my digital license key?: Hello, I have multiple Windows 10 product keys that I've bought but I have no way of knowing which ones I've used previously on different computers. If possible, I'd like to be able to see the original retail product key that I used to activate my copy of Windows so I don't...