Windows 10: I recently built my pc. I didn’t have my WiFi card installed or anything. Whenever I put in...

Discus and support I recently built my pc. I didn’t have my WiFi card installed or anything. Whenever I put in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kephd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijoqcn/i_recently_built_my_pc_i_didnt_have_my_wifi_card/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kephd, Aug 30, 2020.

1. /u/Kephd Win User

I recently built my pc. I didn’t have my WiFi card installed or anything. Whenever I put in...

/u/Kephd, Aug 30, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

At my wits end with WiFi

I did the sme, with the WAP, i disabled DHCP, and assigned a static IP (192.168.1.2), the adsl router already has a static ip set. i followed th guide here: Wireless access point - DD-WRT Wiki to a T, both with and without the reccommended/optional steps.

Still no joy, and i still can't get my desktop to see the wifi router, wth default settings and a direct connection. My laptop views the wifi router fine, with default settings.

Ok i figured i missed a step when changing to the DD-WRT firmware. I didn;t upgrade to the latest version. i'm doing that now, and i'll try to set it up again.

silkstone, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Aug 30, 2020
  4. I recently built my pc. I didn’t have my WiFi card installed or anything. Whenever I put in...

EXTREMELY slow WiFi connection on PC with Asus network card

Hello!

I have a big issue. I recently built a PC and bought a Asus PCE-AC51 network card. My WiFI connection is extremely slow (When I do a speedtest now, I get 4mbit/s DOWN and 1mbit/s UP. When I do the exact same speedtest on my phone I get 10x faster results, so
    the WiFi network itself is working perfectly.

So I have tried to check all drivers, Microsoft own and asus (the newest ones). None of the fixes the issue.

I tried network reset (From Settings > Network > Network reset) and also resetting with netsh int ip reset commands etc...

I posted on ASUS forum but didn´t get any response there. Anyone have any idea what can be causing this?

Best regards

Mirrpirrar, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

I recently built my pc. I didn’t have my WiFi card installed or anything. Whenever I put in...

1. I recently built my pc. I didn’t have my WiFi card installed or anything. Whenever I put in... - Similar Threads - recently built didn’t

2. I recently installed a wifi card to my Lenevo PC and I tried starting it up and I get an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently installed a wifi card to my Lenevo PC and I tried starting it up and I get an...: I recently put a new wifi card into my PC as it never had one before, after installing it I went to start up my PC and i keep getting an error message called SYSTEM _THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED...
  3. I recently installed a wifi card to my Lenevo PC and I tried starting it up and I get an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently installed a wifi card to my Lenevo PC and I tried starting it up and I get an...: I recently put a new wifi card into my PC as it never had one before, after installing it I went to start up my PC and i keep getting an error message called SYSTEM _THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED...
  4. I recently built a new PC and I cannot get wifi to work on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently built a new PC and I cannot get wifi to work on it: Im building a pc for a friend and i finished it last night, it has no internet connection and there is no way for me to install drivers which i assume is the issue for the network device that i have plugged in. it’s not a usb device nor a pcie device it’s using two circular...
  5. I recently built a new PC and I cannot get wifi to work on it

I recently built a new PC and I cannot get wifi to work on it: Im building a pc for a friend and i finished it last night, it has no internet connection and there is no way for me to install drivers which i assume is the issue for the network device that i have plugged in. it’s not a usb device nor a pcie device it’s using two circular...
  6. I recently built a new PC and I cannot get wifi to work on it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I have a problem to put on my WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem to put on my WiFi: I need help to put on my WiFi with my clavier. Sorry for my English I'm french https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-to-put-on-my-wifi/cc200616-0fd0-4657-8b31-c3757cf9274d
  8. I have a problem to put on my WiFi

I have a problem to put on my WiFi: I need help to put on my WiFi with my clavier. Sorry for my English I'm french https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-to-put-on-my-wifi/cc200616-0fd0-4657-8b31-c3757cf9274d
  9. I have a problem to put on my WiFi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. is there anything recent updated i can install on my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is there anything recent updated i can install on my PC?: I hav anAsusmodel: R540SMFD: 2016-“intel inside”w/ Windows10Every bit of software i already have installed on my previous PC's⇣HP, Compaq, Mac or MacBook laptop which has got to be younger than my current junk of a PC -laptop;⇡ w/no problem!But I can't...