Windows 10: i recently changed hardware and i cant activate windows 10

Discus and support i recently changed hardware and i cant activate windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; so i recently just changed hardware on my computer and i have that annoying "activate windows" watermark i have tried going into the settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Goozfx, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Goozfx Win User

i recently changed hardware and i cant activate windows 10

so i recently just changed hardware on my computer and i have that annoying "activate windows" watermark

i have tried going into the settings and troubleshooting it and all it says is "we weren't able to activate windows on this device" and then there's a button at the bottom of that saying "i recently changed hardware on this device" and i checked the device i'm using and i hit activate and it tells me "unable to activate windows try again later" iv'e tried everything my error code is 0xC004C003 and yes before i installed my new hardware it was activated

:)

Goozfx, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Smitty3PM Win User

Windows 10 Activation after hardware change

• "You upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, but Windows 10 isn't activated after a reinstall. Your copy of Windows 10 should automatically be activated so long as you didn't make any significant hardware changes to your device (such as replacing
      the hard drive or motherboard)."

I just recently upgraded my motherboard, graphics card, and processor. Now my Windows 10 isnt activated anymore, and when i go through the steps to troubleshoot, it says the windows activation just says.

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

anyone have an answer to this please...

Smitty3PM, Feb 4, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. i recently changed hardware and i cant activate windows 10 - Similar Threads - recently changed hardware

2. cant activate windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cant activate windows 10 after hardware change: cant activate windows 10 after hardware changetried troubleshooting slui 4 and nothing works need a UK phone number please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change/730b10cd-70de-447e-b12d-25aac18829ce
  3. cant activate windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant activate windows 10 after hardware change: cant activate windows 10 after hardware changetried troubleshooting slui 4 and nothing works need a UK phone number please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change/730b10cd-70de-447e-b12d-25aac18829ce
  4. cant activate windows 10 after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. So i recently changed my hardware completely and windows will not activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So i recently changed my hardware completely and windows will not activate: I had win 10 education edition , i got it in 2016. i put in the code , it gets accepted , then soon there is an error stating i cant activate windows. any suggestions?...
  6. Windows 10 Activation: Hardware change error but I haven't changed the hardware

Windows 10 Activation: Hardware change error but I haven't changed the hardware: Recently I have purchased a new PC: the Lenovo M91P SFF Desktop PC, which comes with a Windows 10 Pro License. After setting everything up, everything seemed to work fine, except after a few windows updates now I get the message "Active Windows. Go to Settings to activate...
  7. Cant activate after hardware change

Cant activate after hardware change: Hi, I upgraded my system with a new mobo, ram, cpu, SSD etc. I retrieved my Windows 10 Home CD Key from a Keychecker app i downloaded on my old machine, installed windows 10 on my new machine using windows 10 installation media. Now says i cant activate it, states i dont...
  8. Windows 10 not activating after recent Hardware Change???

Windows 10 not activating after recent Hardware Change???: I have made a recent hardware change motherboard, cpu and I found out you can transfer Windows 10 Digital License with your Microsoft Account. Before I physically made the hardware change I made my Microsoft Account link with my Windows 10 like told from your forums....
  9. cant activate windows 10 after hardware change

cant activate windows 10 after hardware change: i got a new motherboard and cant activate windows 10 any ideas how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change/b27bc679-6749-4e0a-becc-cb4a57074c00"
  10. Recent PC upgrade - Unable to activate windows using "I recently changed hardware on this...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent PC upgrade - Unable to activate windows using "I recently changed hardware on this...: Hello, I spoke to a technical assistant today under case ref: 1467036964. He asked me to try as a different user then we got disconnected so i'm left in the dark. I recently upgraded my outdated computer. I changed the following components; CPU, Motherboard, Ram & added...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ı changed hardware recently