Windows 10: I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.

Discus and support I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had purchased Windows 7 way back when, I no longer have the key , but it is digitally linked to my Microsoft account. I had taken the opportunity to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nedling, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Nedling Win User

I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.

I had purchased Windows 7 way back when, I no longer have the key , but it is digitally linked to my Microsoft account. I had taken the opportunity to get the free upgrade to WIn 10.I have recently upgraded the computer with new CPU and MOBO and now it won't let me activate Windows. When I run the activation trouble-shooter, it gives me the following message;'Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers. Wait a few minutes and then try again. 0x803f700f'I have been doing this for a few days now, and it hasn't changed. When I click 'I recently changed hardware on this

:)

Nedling, Jan 16, 2022

2. Activate Windows 10 after motherboard change

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I built the PC myself and it is\was a retail Windows 8 Pro license upgraded to 10.

The guide listed that I should be able to transfer the license, and following the steps given when selecting "I recently changed hardware" in the activation process it does not list my previous device to select from.

My Microsoft account is logged in on both my old and new motherboard, and my old motherboard is unable to boot at all to deactivate or retrieve any keys.

If my license is indeed available for transfer, how can I proceed from here?

Thanks.

Libertherme, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Activating Windows 10 after motherboard change, tried all methods

Hi

I changed my motherboard and graphics card this afternoon, now windows won;t activate. Tried troubleshooter etc. No luck and I'm signed into my Microsoft account.

Using the latest version of Windows 10

Please help.

KevinPheiffer, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Graf Dyon Win User

Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

1. I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows. - Similar Threads - recently changed Motherboard

2. Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?: Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows. By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product...
  3. Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 now not active and won't let me activate. How to fix?: Hi, my almost 2-year-old Lenovo laptop runs on Windows 11 Home but is now suddenly saying I need to activate windows. By the activate troubleshoot button it shows the message "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license and product...
  4. I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.: I had purchased Windows 7 way back when, I no longer have the key , but it is digitally linked to my Microsoft account. I had taken the opportunity to get the free upgrade to WIn 10.I have recently upgraded the computer with new CPU and MOBO and now it won't let me activate...
  5. I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.

I recently changed Motherboard and now it won't let me activate windows.: I had purchased Windows 7 way back when, I no longer have the key , but it is digitally linked to my Microsoft account. I had taken the opportunity to get the free upgrade to WIn 10.I have recently upgraded the computer with new CPU and MOBO and now it won't let me activate...
  6. Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows

Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows: The goal: To activate windows on my pc since I changed my motherboard.Notes: I deactivated my previous device which was on my original, now trashed motherboard, a z170xpMy windows edition is quite literally purchased on this account so everything should be linked together to...
  7. Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows: The goal: To activate windows on my pc since I changed my motherboard.Notes: I deactivated my previous device which was on my original, now trashed motherboard, a z170xpMy windows edition is quite literally purchased on this account so everything should be linked together to...
  8. Recently changed motherboard, troubleshooting won't help activate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows won't let me activate my Windows 10 after motherboard change

Windows won't let me activate my Windows 10 after motherboard change: I had to swap motherboards due to a faulty motherboard but now it asks me to activate Windows 10. It was already activated, but the troubleshooter DOES NOT even try to troubleshoot, and calling the numbers it leads me to just has bots with no option for me to choose. The...
  10. Won't Let Me Activate Windows

Won't Let Me Activate Windows: I've had my computer for over a year. When I bought it, it had Windows 10 preinstalled. Now, out of nowhere I have an Activate Windows watermark on my screen. When I go to settings, activate windows I just get a screen that says detecting activation problems that runs for...