Windows 10: I recently changed my folder attribute settings in my user folder now half of my programs...

Discus and support I recently changed my folder attribute settings in my user folder now half of my programs... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I recently went into my “Users folder” to enable the “hidden folder” option next to the “read-only” option in attributes to see hidden folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoelGuerra1, Oct 15, 2019.

1. I recently changed my folder attribute settings in my user folder now half of my programs...

Hello. I recently went into my “Users folder” to enable the “hidden folder” option next to the “read-only” option in attributes to see hidden folders and now half of my icons on my desktop are missing, all my folders in my “users” folder are now under a folder labeled “public” which has folders labeled like “public desktop” “public videos” “public downloads”etc. And when i go to search for the programs in the task bar, it says “preview unavailable”. Im not sure what i did but is this reversible at all? Please help. I have no idea what just happened. My system restore is disabled and i cant restore my pc at all.

:)

JoelGuerra1, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 15, 2019
  3. changing file and folder attributes

Continuing the theme of changing attributes....
    i now realise that certain file attributes can’t be user defund, as they are read only....
    But it seems gilders are even worse.....I have 12 folders January to December.......but windows list these alphabetically......such that April is first followed by August.

cant see any way of changing the sort order, although there may be a way to sort by an attribute, but it seems that It is NOT possible to assign ANY folder attributes......nothing much has changed in this matter since XP....

unless anyone one knows differently

reddwarf4ever, Oct 15, 2019
  4. newn Win User

I recently changed my folder attribute settings in my user folder now half of my programs...

Windows 7 - change user temp folder.

Hi all,
    i would like to change user temp folder, becausze i can't install Nero. How to do that? I know how to change Windows temp folder, but not user.

Thema:

I recently changed my folder attribute settings in my user folder now half of my programs...

1. I recently changed my folder attribute settings in my user folder now half of my programs... - Similar Threads - recently changed folder

2. my user folder is changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my user folder is changed: hi , since a few months ago ; my user folder is changed ; in all devices I have tried and I see they are fixed but mine not :the text alignment of folders' name has been change instant of being in the center they are RTL ! could anyone help me fixed this issuse?...
  3. my user folder is changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my user folder is changed: hi , since a few months ago ; my user folder is changed ; in all devices I have tried and I see they are fixed but mine not :the text alignment of folders' name has been change instant of being in the center they are RTL ! could anyone help me fixed this issuse?...
  4. my user folder is changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder: I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder was trying to move it to a different drive and now my user folder is called "Videos" and even has the icon... I cant change the location again cause I get the "cant redirect a parent into a child" error and all that. Pls...
  6. I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder

I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder: I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder was trying to move it to a different drive and now my user folder is called "Videos" and even has the icon... I cant change the location again cause I get the "cant redirect a parent into a child" error and all that. Pls...
  7. Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder: Hi, I made a stupid mistake and changed the location of my Videos folder and mapped it to C:\Users\MyUserName. This changed the content of the C:\Users folder instead of my username to "Videos". Inside the folder "Videos" that was an empty folder i see my Desktop, Favorites,...
  8. Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder

Changed the Video Folder Location to My User Folder: Hi, I made a stupid mistake and changed the location of my Videos folder and mapped it to C:\Users\MyUserName. This changed the content of the C:\Users folder instead of my username to "Videos". Inside the folder "Videos" that was an empty folder i see my Desktop, Favorites,...
  9. My User folder is now the Videos Folder. I need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    My User folder is now the Videos Folder. I need help: Hi, I was trying to move my Videos Folder to C:\Users\Username folder from my D drive so I mistakenly forgot to type the Videos Word in the path and now I am broken. My user folder has become the Videos folder. All the AppData folders, my cache stuff is now in my videos...
  10. I changed my user folder name

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed my user folder name: I thought I hadn't changed any important file names but when I try to open my explorer folder i get "no mapping between account names and security ids" I was trying a method that included typing "RSOP.msc " into the run but then it said "windows cannot find rsop.msc...