Windows 10: I recently changed my hardware including my mainboard. However I cannot reactivate Windows...

Discus and support I recently changed my hardware including my mainboard. However I cannot reactivate Windows... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently changed my machine and swapped out the mainboard. I tried to reactivate windows by using the control panel activation troubleshoot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sAiNtgOtEn, May 29, 2019.

1. I recently changed my hardware including my mainboard. However I cannot reactivate Windows...

Hi,

I recently changed my machine and swapped out the mainboard. I tried to reactivate windows by using the control panel activation troubleshoot wizard, however it always displays the message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used to reactivate the device that you’re using at the moment. Make sure that you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account that you linked to the Windows 10 digital licence on this device, or try again later.

I tried to resolve this myself by logging into my windows account and removing the device which had my old mainboard. There were 2 devices listed on my profile, both refer to the same machine but one has the old mainboard (ASUS Ranger VIII) and the other is the new one (Gigabye Z370). I removed the ASUS Ranger VIII device however this did not resolve the problem.

My Windows was bought in 2014 as 8.1 before I received the free upgrade to 10. I have the online receipt but I no longer have the CD case. Could someone please help me?

:)

sAiNtgOtEn, May 29, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 29, 2019
  3. A. User Win User
    I have just replaced the mainboard and can't reactivate windows !!! (Error: 0xC004C003)

I have to follow the instructions of this page, until step 3.

"The troubleshooter will show a message that Windows can’t be activated on your device.
    Select I changed hardware on this device recently, then select Next."

This page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

When i click "I changed hardware on this device recently" the gui immediately
    turned off, so i can't countinue to do the next steps.

Someone please help me !!!, thanks

Sorry my english is bad.

A. User, May 29, 2019
  4. I recently changed my hardware including my mainboard. However I cannot reactivate Windows...

Can't reactivate Windows after Hardware change

Hi,

I can't reactivate Windows after a hardware change.

I select "I changed hardware on this device recently." but then it says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later"

What should I do?

Kind regards

Lukas

LukasHäfliger, May 29, 2019
Thema:

I recently changed my hardware including my mainboard. However I cannot reactivate Windows...

1. I recently changed my hardware including my mainboard. However I cannot reactivate Windows... - Similar Threads - recently changed hardware

2. I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows: I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows. It says "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." I tried "Troubleshooting" but it didn't work! I also created two different entries to be called by an agent on the phone, but no one...
  3. I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows: I changed my motherboard and CPU, but I cannot reactivate my Windows. It says "We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." I tried "Troubleshooting" but it didn't work! I also created two different entries to be called by an agent on the phone, but no one...
  4. why can i not reactivate my windows after changing hardware?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why can i not reactivate my windows after changing hardware?: Ive recently upgraded pretty much everything in my pc as it was all pretty outdated, when i try to reactivate windows it comes up with the error 0x803F700F after scouring through the windows website, the error code apparently doesnt exist, it just keeps telling me to buy a...
  5. why can i not reactivate my windows after changing hardware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can i not reactivate my windows after changing hardware?: Ive recently upgraded pretty much everything in my pc as it was all pretty outdated, when i try to reactivate windows it comes up with the error 0x803F700F after scouring through the windows website, the error code apparently doesnt exist, it just keeps telling me to buy a...
  6. why can i not reactivate my windows after changing hardware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't reactivate my Windows license after changing hardware.

I can't reactivate my Windows license after changing hardware.: [ATTACH] Sorry for Korean I tried to reactivate my Windows after changing motherboard, but even clicking Troubleshoot button does not work. I have also tried rebooting my computer or reconnecting to internet, but neither did work. I can check that I have Windows 10 Pro...
  8. I recently changed hardware and did not link my windows to an account, and cannot find a...

I recently changed hardware and did not link my windows to an account, and cannot find a...: I recently changed some hardware CPU, RAM, Motherboard and didn't link anything to my microsoft account as I had no idea that was a thing that needed to be done- now I can't seem to activate Windows 10. I got the free upgrade to 10 and don't have a product key for it....
  9. I've Changed My Hardware and Windows Cannot Reactivate

I've Changed My Hardware and Windows Cannot Reactivate: Hi. For Black Friday, I bought myself a pretty decent upgrade for my computer. New CPU, new Motherboard, and a new kit of RAM. Before I installed, I checked my Activation page on the then-current setup, and it said that I had a digital license linked to my Microsoft...
  10. Cannot reactivate after changing hardware

Cannot reactivate after changing hardware: I have Win10 attached to my live account. I swapped out my motherboard and cpu. I attempt to reactive via settings - update&security - troubleshoot - recently changed hardware. I select this device in its previous incarnation. I am given the error message attached....