Windows 10: I recently changed my name on my microsoft account, and was wondering how do I change my...

Discus and support I recently changed my name on my microsoft account, and was wondering how do I change my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows 10 computer is connected to my Microsoft account, but it won't update my name when I change it on my Microsoft account. Can someone help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by haunt :, Aug 2, 2020.

1. haunt : Win User

I recently changed my name on my microsoft account, and was wondering how do I change my...

My windows 10 computer is connected to my Microsoft account, but it won't update my name when I change it on my Microsoft account. Can someone help me with this?

:)

haunt :, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Bob32014 Win User

how do I change my display name windows 10

Well, I tried almost all the steps that you all suggested and I think Milagros was probably the best since it really sent to a site that did a step-by-step procedure.

Now, however, when I sign on, I see my name AND someone else's even though I changed my name to My Computer using the above suggestions.

So I have two ways to sign in now: my name and a bogus one that I set up a microsoft account for.

I'm going to keep trying if I can figure out how to get into Control Panel on Windows 10.

Thanks so far.

Bob32014, Aug 2, 2020
  3. I Chang my Microsoft account name but it didn't change my minecraft name

Hello I recently change my Microsoft account name because I didn't like it on my minecraft account, and when I Change it I went through the process of it and then I went back to minecraft account and I saw my old username was still there then I thought it
    was just a lipttle glitch or something and I back out of the game and rejoin and it was still there so I went to the support page like 15 times and tried every thing and it wouldn't change it was still my old username, I would like to know why my minecraft
    name isn't changing even tho I change my Microsoft name? If anyone knows what's going on or how to fix it I would appreciate it.

[Moved from: Office / My account, billing and sign-in / iPhone & iPad / Unknown/other]

thomas_bazan, Aug 2, 2020
  4. I recently changed my name on my microsoft account, and was wondering how do I change my...

How do I change my user name (Home Edition)?

Been Googling this half the afternoon - still can't do it! I haven't used Windows 10 before today, when I got a new laptop delivered, so am a real beginner. Though, that said, quite a bit of it is close enough to Windows 7 (which all my other computers run) that it's not as opaque as I'd feared..

However, I can't work out how to change my user name. I entered my email address at some prompt at first run, and my user name is now Marti instead of Martin. There is a folder called 'Marti' in the User folder. I'd really rather add the 'n'...

I read that going into user accounts, there is an option to change the user name, but that is missing in my user accounts window

I recently changed my name on my microsoft account, and was wondering how do I change my... [​IMG]

Suffice it to say that nothing I have found works, or is applicable to the Home Edition. I have ended up going into a Microsoft account management page, but I am asked to log in to a Microsoft account (do I have one?? Not as far as I am aware). Surely there must be some way I can do this without signing up for a Microsoft account (no idea what the account does anyway).

So how do I get my name right? Why does such a simple thing have to be so complex? I have wasted well over an hour already...

Thanks for any help,

Martin

martinlest, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

I recently changed my name on my microsoft account, and was wondering how do I change my...

1. I recently changed my name on my microsoft account, and was wondering how do I change my... - Similar Threads - recently changed name

2. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?: As I understand it, you are required to use your actual name for your Microsoft account.I do not want my administrator account to have my actual name, and I do not want to change my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do this?...
  3. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?: As I understand it, you are required to use your actual name for your Microsoft account.I do not want my administrator account to have my actual name, and I do not want to change my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do this?...
  4. How do I change my local account name without changing my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do I change my email name account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change my email name account?: I do not use *** Email address is removed for privacy *** anymore. I would like to change my email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. How do I do this?...
  6. how do I change my email name account?

how do I change my email name account?: I do not use *** Email address is removed for privacy *** anymore. I would like to change my email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. How do I do this?...
  7. How do I change the name of my windows account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name of my windows account?: My Teams account and Windows account use the same name. I need to change the name of my Windows account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-windows-account/2da5db1a-07d7-448a-80be-d132530e9543
  8. How do I change the name of my windows account?

How do I change the name of my windows account?: My Teams account and Windows account use the same name. I need to change the name of my Windows account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-windows-account/2da5db1a-07d7-448a-80be-d132530e9543
  9. How do I completely change my email, user name for my microsoft account?

How do I completely change my email, user name for my microsoft account?: I need to remove a previous company email that I no longer have from my microsoft account and rename everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-completely-change-my-email-user-name-for/c3798755-1f39-476d-b784-2b233b19847d
  10. how do I change my Microsoft User Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I change my Microsoft User Name: How do I change my Microsoft Account USERNAME please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-microsoft-user-name/b69524ef-b83e-45e3-be7b-b68cda283595