Windows 10: I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...

Discus and support I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying many things to fix But none work help please I am use windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alexdoes_stuff, Feb 23, 2024.

1. I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...

I am trying many things to fix But none work help please I am use windows 11

:)

Alexdoes_stuff, Feb 23, 2024
  2. RobHCom Win User

Is the Program Files (x86) folder suppposed to show in the C: system drive?

Because mine doesn't?

I just noticed this today, I went looking for a program folder tonight and found out I have no Program Files (x86) folder in C: unless I make the folders show hidden files??

As you can clearly see, I have no Program Files (x86) folder in my C: root tree, BUT I do have one in my games drive:

I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some... deaae7ea-935f-40a3-8dc8-02797913a9b1.jpg

RobHCom, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Bree Win User
    Program Path Program Files (x86) in Command Prompt needed!

Welcome to TenForums.

You appear to be booting from a Windows install USB to get to a command prompt. When you boot like this different drive letters may be used, the Windows partition may well not be the C: drive. You can use Diskpart to see what letter it is using. At the command prompt use the following commands:

DISKPART
    LIST VOL
    EXIT

Here you can see my Windows system appears as the D: drive when booted from the install media.

I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some... 44624d1566913848t-program-path-program-files-x86-command-prompt-needed-diskpart-drive-letter-use.png

4. I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...

Can't delete Windows and all Program-files-files(x86)-data folders why

You need to give yourself a full permission and take ownership of the folders.

1. In Windows 10 type cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

2. Type following commands:

Code:
    After executing the commands try deleting the folders.

FreeBooter, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...

1. I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some... - Similar Threads - recently did takeown

2. I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently did a takeown command on my c drive and program files x86 folder and now some...: I am trying many things to fix But none work help please I am use windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-did-a-takeown-command-on-my-c-drive-and/395f660d-0e4c-4ae7-98cd-5e456d4e58b8
  3. C:\Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Program Files x86: Hello, This is my problem see pcturewhen i try to delete roblox and other apps there it pops up like this can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cprogram-files-x86/12436514-0218-4259-824b-88fdb9b49fe3
  4. C:\Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\Program Files x86: Hello, This is my problem see pcturewhen i try to delete roblox and other apps there it pops up like this can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cprogram-files-x86/12436514-0218-4259-824b-88fdb9b49fe3
  5. How did I turn my desktop into Program Files x86

How did I turn my desktop into Program Files x86: I was trying to move a file from my desktop to Program Files x86 and I have now got all of my files from Program Files x86 on my desktop. Now when I try to add anything to my desktop I get asked to confirm the operation....
  6. C:\ Program File x86 is not accessible.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\ Program File x86 is not accessible.: [ATTACH] I have just notice this after my laptop was reformat. Please help I cant install MS Word because of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-program-file-x86-is-not-accessible/a5c6d09b-9db9-4748-b8c9-89d38fabd787
  7. Missing c drive program x86 microsoft office file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing c drive program x86 microsoft office file: Unable to open word documents because it can not find on my c drive this program: c:\program files x86 microsoft ofiic\file system meta data.xlm How do you fix this?...
  8. "Fake Product" program folder found in c:\Program Files (x86)

"Fake Product" program folder found in c:\Program Files (x86): Hi. I am trying to find out what this "Fake Product" program folder found in c:\Program Files (x86) is, and if I can safely delete it? There is no such program listed in the uninstall feature of Windows. I've never noticed it there before, and, try as I might, I can't find a...
  9. "Fake Product" program folder found in c:\Program Files (x86)

in Windows 10 Support
    "Fake Product" program folder found in c:\Program Files (x86): Hi. I am trying to find out what this "Fake Product" program folder found in c:\Program Files (x86) is, and if I can safely delete it? There is no such program listed in the uninstall feature of Windows. I've never noticed it there before, and, try as I might, I can't find a...
  10. WHO DELETED MY C:\Windows.old\Program Files & (x86) FOLDERS ????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WHO DELETED MY C:\Windows.old\Program Files & (x86) FOLDERS ????: *Mad *Banghead*Mad *Banghead*Mad *Banghead*Mad Using Windows 10: I just looked into my C:\Windows.old directory and both Program Files and Program Files (x86) have disappeared !!! WHY ??? WHO WOULD DO THIS ??? This is criminal !!! F@#*$%@# S#@# OF @#@ *Mad...