Windows 10: I recently downloadd a file and windows defender told its a virus .I took the action...

Discus and support I recently downloadd a file and windows defender told its a virus .I took the action... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; image attached below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by akshaykshetrapal, Jun 7, 2023.

1. I recently downloadd a file and windows defender told its a virus .I took the action...

image attached below

:)

akshaykshetrapal, Jun 7, 2023
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 7, 2023
  3. eidairaman1, Jun 7, 2023
  4. I recently downloadd a file and windows defender told its a virus .I took the action...

'windows defender successfully took action on 1 threat'

I get a notification that 'windows defender successfully took action on 1 threat' but I am not able to see what the problem or threat was that it took action on. Advice?

TragicallyMisunderstood, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

I recently downloadd a file and windows defender told its a virus .I took the action...

1. I recently downloadd a file and windows defender told its a virus .I took the action... - Similar Threads - recently downloadd file

2. I recently found I had a Trojan on my laptop. Windows Defender, told me it was quarantined....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently found I had a Trojan on my laptop. Windows Defender, told me it was quarantined....: I recently found a Trojan on my laptop. Windows defender told me it’s quarantined and/ or removed. Is it safe now or should I go a complete reset on my computer to erase any malware?...
  3. I recently found I had a Trojan on my laptop. Windows Defender, told me it was quarantined....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently found I had a Trojan on my laptop. Windows Defender, told me it was quarantined....: I recently found a Trojan on my laptop. Windows defender told me it’s quarantined and/ or removed. Is it safe now or should I go a complete reset on my computer to erase any malware?...
  4. i cant delete a file I DOWNLOADED AND ITS NOT A VIRUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant delete a file I DOWNLOADED AND ITS NOT A VIRUS: so i downloaded the new pibby apocalypse for fnf then it wouldn't work so i tried to delete it but then it said the folder is open somewhere else but its not! please help...
  5. i cant delete a file I DOWNLOADED AND ITS NOT A VIRUS

i cant delete a file I DOWNLOADED AND ITS NOT A VIRUS: so i downloaded the new pibby apocalypse for fnf then it wouldn't work so i tried to delete it but then it said the folder is open somewhere else but its not! please help...
  6. I recently downloadd a file and windows defender told its a virus .I took the action...

I recently downloadd a file and windows defender told its a virus .I took the action...: image attached below https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-downloadd-a-file-and-windows-defender/dde63b4c-ba59-4a97-b119-b218ec24e9a4
  7. windows defender keeps blocking 2 different .exe files. I like to know if its a virus or...

windows defender keeps blocking 2 different .exe files. I like to know if its a virus or...: Hi my windows 11 microsoft security i keep getting protection has blocked these; DST.exe \Device\Harddisk0\DR0DataExchangeHost.exe %userprofile%\FavoritesI been getting both of these at least once a day or both in same day. so i guess i am getting these notices after using...
  8. Microsoft Defender Scans Say One Threat Found And Took Action But I Cannot See It In...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Scans Say One Threat Found And Took Action But I Cannot See It In...: Half of my windows defender scans say that there is one threat found and taken action but I cannot see what happened, it does not show in history or allowed threats, when I click on the message or click on protection history it is empty....
  9. I think its a virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think its a virus: So basically my pc just started putting up pop ups of if i wanted to let some apps make modifications to my pc and i canceled all those and as i was listening to my music it just started saying it could'nt play any of the songs and as they did so i went and checked in my...
  10. No Recent Actions? Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No Recent Actions? Windows Defender: Today I ran a deep scan using Windows Defender and it found a virus called W32.Trojan.Gen . There was an additional suffix after this name but, thinking there would be a log record, I went ahead and used the fix button. However after running the fix there was no new...