Windows 10: i recently gotten help from lite on. they were willing to send me cds

Discus and support i recently gotten help from lite on. they were willing to send me cds in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Now i have new ones to copy games to. im trying to figure it out on how to write on the disc or cover. haven't it yet. so can you help me with that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Doominator1990, Apr 25, 2020.

1. i recently gotten help from lite on. they were willing to send me cds

Now i have new ones to copy games to. im trying to figure it out on how to write on the disc or cover.

haven't it yet.

so can you help me with that?

how do i change the name of the disc for the dvd drive im using? its the d drive.

:)

Doominator1990, Apr 25, 2020
  2. rfrharbin Win User

lost Lite-on CD/DVD burner suddenly

My CD/DVD burner disappeared from the File Explorer, Device Manager, and Computer management two days ago. Today I found it in the device manager by looking under "hidden devices". Following instructions from the Microsoft site I uninstalled the driver and restarted the computer as instructed but this failed and now the device doesn't show under the Device Manager-DVD/CD-ROM devices. I have googled all over to find a driver for it. {Lite-on iHAS324-09A} . Even Lite-on wants me to buy a program to detect and update my drivers and if Lite-on has the drivers on site I sure can't find any. I expect that I could likely buy a new CD/DVD burner just as cheap. I downloaded a couple but have yet to see the CD/DVD burner listed. I am dual booted and it did show In Linux Mint and I could look at a CD's contents. I have spent hours on this and now am completely lost as to what to do next.

Lite-on iHAS324-09 A bought in 2009

Any ideas?

rfrharbin, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Anak Win User
    Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

i recently gotten help from lite on. they were willing to send me cds [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

4. rfrharbin Win User

i recently gotten help from lite on. they were willing to send me cds

lost Lite-on CD/DVD burner suddenly

My day is just beginning so I haven't got to studying your suggestions yet but I did notice that I can see and look at the CD/DVD drive in Linux Mint. I do not have the ability to burn right yet as It takes an additional program in Mint to burn a disk. Will be at it in a couple hours.
    I spent a couple hours looking for drivers including at the Lite-on site. I do not think that there are any drivers there for my CD/DVD drive. Lite-on provided a shortcut to a site that offered a pay for program to update drivers.

Yesterday I had tried to uninstall the CD/DVD driver in the device manager. Looking through the link above I seen that it asked to remove more than I did so I followed the links directions and shutdown and booted up. The ITE ATA drivers reinstalled OK but the CD/DVD drivers did not reinstall. Nothing CD/DVD shows in the device manager anymore. I will be back at it in a few hours. I must tend to some other business today. The CD/DVD door opens but it does not show anywhere. Remember that I can look at he CD/DVD drive in Mint and transfer files from the drive to an internal folder.

rfrharbin, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

i recently gotten help from lite on. they were willing to send me cds

1. i recently gotten help from lite on. they were willing to send me cds - Similar Threads - recently gotten help

2. Anyone willing to help me secure my network and computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone willing to help me secure my network and computer?: I am being terrorized and threatening by an insidious Jerkvwho appears to be infested in my network and devices. I'd like to not only be rid of the vermin but secure my systems so this does not happen again. It recently came to my attention after watching some videos by Chris...
  3. Anyone willing to help me secure my network and computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone willing to help me secure my network and computer?: I am being terrorized and threatening by an insidious Jerkvwho appears to be infested in my network and devices. I'd like to not only be rid of the vermin but secure my systems so this does not happen again. It recently came to my attention after watching some videos by Chris...
  4. Anyone willing to help me secure my network and computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. an some help me with this error? I cannt send or receive email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    an some help me with this error? I cannt send or receive email: Unable to send or receive messages for the Gary's Mail account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.Server: 'mail.comcast.net'Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  6. I cannot remove this from my recent. Help me remove it please.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot remove this from my recent. Help me remove it please.: [ATTACH] I'm trying to remove it from recent activity but it isn't going. How can I remove it? Please help me. https://preview.redd.it/paiihs9s8bk61.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=999a26f78cf4c6b0eec4f5b66fb6cb2b218af878 submitted by /u/Novice358 [link]...
  7. Please help me. When I send emails from my Windows Mail Box app, the emails are sending...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help me. When I send emails from my Windows Mail Box app, the emails are sending...: Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-when-i-send-emails-from-my-windows/6d893792-a2ca-4fab-b3bd-b0855a102ae3
  8. Windows 10 recently stopped recognizing blank CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 recently stopped recognizing blank CDs: I have been using Windows 10 since it first became available. But recently both of my computers have stopped recognizing blank CDs. A few days ago I wanted to burn an MP3 disc to use in my car. Neither of my burning programs would burn the files to the CD. As an trial, I...
  9. Sending me straight to Window's Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sending me straight to Window's Help: After logging in when starting my Windows 10 Envy laptop, it automatically opens my default browser and sends me here to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10 without me clicking or pushing any keys on the keyboard (I give no input and all...
  10. Text from video cds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text from video cds: I'm looking for an app that will take the text of titles of audio extracted from video dvd and create a audio cd preferably from .cue sheet. 101395