Windows 10: I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

Discus and support I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've tried to contact support via the get help app/option in windows but it constantly just gives me the "There was a problem loading your support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gino Quillamor, Aug 4, 2022.

1. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

I've tried to contact support via the get help app/option in windows but it constantly just gives me the "There was a problem loading your support options." error. Any other way to get in touch with microsoft support?

:)

Gino Quillamor, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Boyfriend Win User

Does Windows 7 require reactivation if...

He is using AMD already. He wants downgrading to AM3. Don't know why??

If you change HDD + RAM simultaneously, Windows 7 needs to be reactivated. Only HDD cloning shouldn't require reactivation. As you are changing mobo + HDD (prehaps RAM upgrade too), you will surely require reactivation. If you have genuine license, you should reinstall OS (you might use Windows Easy Transfer). If you don't want to reinstall, you need to uninstall HDD, interfaces/system devices, and numerous other drivers (USB, HID, Portable devices, etc.), else your OS will be unstable.
    I will highly recommend to reinstall Windows 7 and enjoy your migration.

A simple trick might be like this to avoid reactivation:
    1. Clone your HDD first and boot into Windows
    2. Use it for at least one week
    3. Replace mobo only without any other hardware change/upgrade and boot
    4. Use it for at least one week
    5. Do any other upgrade (RAM, Graphic card etc.)

Don't do two simultaneous downgrades/upgrades to avoid reactivation.

Boyfriend, Aug 4, 2022
  3. how to migrate only the OS to a new SSD

hi

i gust got a new SSD

and i want to move my OS and only my OS over to it

so that i can boot from it.

if any one can give me a step by step guide to it that would be grate

some PC info

i have windows 10 64bit

the SSD is 120GB

mrhexeberg, Aug 4, 2022
  4. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Step 1: Backup your important files:

Step 2: create a new bootable copy of Windows 10. The Windows 10 USB you have is the original version of Windows 10 which quite outdated.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Step 3: Shutdown the computer, remove the HDD then install the SSD

Step 4: Perform a clean install.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

1. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows. - Similar Threads - recently reinstall SSD

2. I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...: Hi,I had a small SSD that was only used to run Windows 10. It recently died on me and I had to change it. After formating the new SSD and reinstalling Windows everything is running fine except that when I try to login to my Microsoft account in the account settings I can...
  3. I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...: Hi,I had a small SSD that was only used to run Windows 10. It recently died on me and I had to change it. After formating the new SSD and reinstalling Windows everything is running fine except that when I try to login to my Microsoft account in the account settings I can...
  4. I had to change my C: drive recently and now I can't connect to my Microsoft account in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.: I've tried to contact support via the get help app/option in windows but it constantly just gives me the "There was a problem loading your support options." error. Any other way to get in touch with microsoft support?...
  6. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.: I've tried to contact support via the get help app/option in windows but it constantly just gives me the "There was a problem loading your support options." error. Any other way to get in touch with microsoft support?...
  7. I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD: Hi all,Thanks in advance for your assistance.I originally built this PC back in 2018 and had Windows 10 installed. I then updated to Windows 11 as soon as it came out. I recently upgraded my SSD from a 256GB to a new 1TB SSD and had to do a clean install on Windows 11 through...
  8. I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD

I can't reactivate my Windows 11 after replacing my SSD: Hi all,Thanks in advance for your assistance.I originally built this PC back in 2018 and had Windows 10 installed. I then updated to Windows 11 as soon as it came out. I recently upgraded my SSD from a 256GB to a new 1TB SSD and had to do a clean install on Windows 11 through...
  9. I can't reactivate windows on my new PC.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't reactivate windows on my new PC.: I just built a new PC (though with my old hard drives reused) and apparently my Windows has been deactivated due to the hardware change. However when I try to reactivate it I get error code 0Xc004F025. I tried troubleshooting and selecting "I recently changed hardware on this...
  10. I had my windows copied over to my new SSD and now I can't delete the old one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I had my windows copied over to my new SSD and now I can't delete the old one: I went to a computer shop to have my windows copied over to my new SSD card and I saw that one of my drives still has windows on it, even though I'm not using it anymore but it won't let me delete all the files, there's still a few left, it says that I don't have permission...