Windows 10: I recently installed the new Microsoft Edge web browser, so I decided to unpin Microsoft...

Discus and support I recently installed the new Microsoft Edge web browser, so I decided to unpin Microsoft... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MattiasLikesSushi [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MattiasLikesSushi, Jul 11, 2020.

1. I recently installed the new Microsoft Edge web browser, so I decided to unpin Microsoft...

/u/MattiasLikesSushi, Jul 11, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jul 11, 2020
  3. LEOPEVA64 Win User
    Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

No, and maybe there are not going to be any more leaked versions, I think Microsoft has already taken steps so that there are no more leaks:

Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

Although you never know, suddenly someone else will appear to leak the new versions or maybe Microsoft will decide to release the first official build these days.

LEOPEVA64, Jul 11, 2020
  4. pmennen Win User

I recently installed the new Microsoft Edge web browser, so I decided to unpin Microsoft...

Can't unpin Microsoft Edge from taskbar

I have already chosen chrome to be my default browser and when I double click on an html file, it opens in chrome as I expect. However I still can't unpin Microsoft Edge from the taskbar as you suggest. When I right click on the edge icon in the taskbar this is what I see:

I recently installed the new Microsoft Edge web browser, so I decided to unpin Microsoft... [​IMG]

This is seriously messed up, since it is giving me a choice to pin Microsoft Edge to the taskbar. Why would it give me such a choice when it is already pinned to the taskbar @#$&!!

(By the way, the four icons to the left of my system tray were added by using the quicklaunch toolbar mechanism, but this does not seem related to the problem.)

What's more when I right click on every other icon in the taskbar, the menu presented includes an option to "unpin" the application from the taskbar. It almost seems that Microsoft is going out of its way to tell me what I want. Yet I haven't seen others complaining of this problem, so perhaps there is a problem with my windows 10 setup? I thought I may have an extra icon somewhere that I could delete, so I checked here:

C:\Users\paul\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

But I only see shortcuts to the seven applications that I have manually pinned to the taskbar myself.
    Then I noticed this folder which surely must contain the errant link:

C:\Users\paul\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\ImplicitAppShortcuts

But no, indeed this folder is blank. (I have it set to show hidden files, so I'm sure about that).

I also checked the Registry
    REG:\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband\

but I only see the keys (Default), Favorites, FavoritesChanges, FavoritesRemovedChanges, FavoritesResolve, and FavoritesVersion none of which seems to be related to my problem.

Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to remove this unwanted and amazingly persistent icon?

~Paul

pmennen, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

I recently installed the new Microsoft Edge web browser, so I decided to unpin Microsoft...

1. I recently installed the new Microsoft Edge web browser, so I decided to unpin Microsoft... - Similar Threads - recently installed Microsoft

2. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: The only web browser that works on my computer is microsoft edge. Any other web browsers such as fire fox and google chrome do not work anymore. they open for a split second and then close. I have tried re-installing the web browser, checking for malware with malware bytes,...
  3. The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The only Web Browser that works is Microsoft edge: I normally use Firefox for all my web browsing. but for some reason when I open it or any web browser that is not Microsoft edge, it instantly closes. I have tried reinstalling it multiple times, running it in safe mode or as an administrator, and I have no clue what else I...
  4. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  5. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Microsoft Edge Browser automatically installed itself on my computer. I do not want this browser, I am happy with my current browser. How can this be uninstalled in its entirety? Thanks again....
  6. New Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Microsoft Edge browser: Since installing the new Edge browser my text size seems to have gone smaller and is fuzzy and difficult to read. I have the same problem now when I use other browsers as well as the new Edge browser. Needless to say I had no problems before installing the new browser....
  7. The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download

in Windows 10 News
    The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download: [ATTACH]Fans of the new Microsoft Edge web browser that is based on the Chromium engine, should rejoice right now because the browser is out of […] This post The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) web browser is here to download is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to install PWA on the new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to install PWA on the new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Progressive Web Apps (PWA) are the next big this in the app based ecosystem across platforms. Various companies are pushing hard on their platforms to add support for Progressive Web Apps. This includes Windows 10, Android as well as iOS. [...] This post How...
  9. Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates: I maintain sites using Dreamweaver/Filezilla. After loading updates to the site I cannot see any change using Edge but can see them using Firefox. The control panel on the web site also shows the files as having been updated. The updates do appear after a period of time but I...
  10. Microsoft Edge: What's Next for Microsoft's New Browser & Web Platform

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge: What's Next for Microsoft's New Browser & Web Platform: Microsoft Edge: What's Next for Microsoft's New Browser & Web Platform In 2015, Microsoft launched its first new browser in 20 years: Microsoft Edge. After 8 months, it's on a great trajectory but we're just getting started. Join us to learn about the progress we've...