Windows 10: I recently opened a file history that showed what date I opened certain files on Windows 10...

Discus and support I recently opened a file history that showed what date I opened certain files on Windows 10... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I randomly pulled it up one day but I don't remember how, does anyone know what I'm talking about and could you help me figure out how I did it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jonnybrown3, Mar 27, 2023.

1. I recently opened a file history that showed what date I opened certain files on Windows 10...

I randomly pulled it up one day but I don't remember how, does anyone know what I'm talking about and could you help me figure out how I did it?

submitted by /u/jonnybrown3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jonnybrown3, Mar 27, 2023
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 27, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2023
  4. 321j Win User

I recently opened a file history that showed what date I opened certain files on Windows 10...

Does Windows 10 log opened files from recent files?

Does Windows 10 have a log listing all opened files? I am trying to troubleshoot when some unknown files were opened on my PC. They appear in the Recent File list in File Explorer, but they were on an external drive and do not show a date when they were
    last opened. The files in question are .jpg located on a F: drive. Their properties only show creation dates before they were opened, and the modification dates are even older, suggesting that they were edited back then. I have searched my PC, and the files
    do not exist on it. Thanks!

Thema:

I recently opened a file history that showed what date I opened certain files on Windows 10...

1. I recently opened a file history that showed what date I opened certain files on Windows 10... - Similar Threads - recently opened file

2. Recent files opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent files opened: Hello, This morning the "Recent" folder on windows is showing that several files on my computer have been accessed which I know I have not opened. There are several opened files showing the same time for example about 10 say they were opened at "7:04". I had turned my...
  3. Recent files opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent files opened: Hello, This morning the "Recent" folder on windows is showing that several files on my computer have been accessed which I know I have not opened. There are several opened files showing the same time for example about 10 say they were opened at "7:04". I had turned my...
  4. I cannot open certain files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open certain files: I get these messages when I try to open files: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-certain-files/3850bac9-1894-43ea-bfb8-52cee0f4d291
  5. I cannot open certain files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot open certain files: I get these messages when I try to open files: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-certain-files/3850bac9-1894-43ea-bfb8-52cee0f4d291
  6. Recent Excel Files Showing Up That I Did Not Recently Open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Excel Files Showing Up That I Did Not Recently Open: I have had the Recent Files populating with Files that were not opened recently, even after I clear them off the list, they keep showing back up. This has been going on for about a week. I tried shutting off the Recent Files by using several different methods, including the...
  7. File History window not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History window not opening: The backup function still works and files appear to be routinely updated and transferred to my external drive, however, I can't view the File History restore window itself to browse through backed up files and distinct versions of them. When I try to open on it, the icon...
  8. I can't open the File History window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open the File History window: The backup function still works and files appear to be routinely updated and transferred to my external drive, however, I can't view the File History restore window itself to browse through backed up files and distinct versions of them. When I try to open on it, the icon...
  9. I can't open the File History window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open the File History window: The backup function still works and files appear to be routinely updated and transferred to my external drive, however, I can't view the File History restore window itself to browse through backed up files and distinct versions of them. When I try to open on it, the icon...
  10. Recent files not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent files not opening: Hello, I recently (maybe after an updated, but no sure) noticed my recent files are not opening. For example I have excel, adobe reader and word on my start menu. Usually when I want to open a document I'm working on I right click the app and choose the document. But when I...