Windows 10: I recently updated my laptop and now my usb apparently is not 3.0

Discus and support I recently updated my laptop and now my usb apparently is not 3.0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure what happened with the update I did on my laptop., and apparently now my usb port is not a 3.0 is there a way to find out what I have?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlesTorres-Houston, Mar 26, 2019.

1. I recently updated my laptop and now my usb apparently is not 3.0

I'm not sure what happened with the update I did on my laptop., and apparently now my usb port is not a 3.0

is there a way to find out what I have? and How to update my usb drivers?

tia

:)

CharlesTorres-Houston, Mar 26, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

The chkdsk /f /r report displayed that there were corrections made in the volume bitmap.

Run these commands and post images and then continue with the prior steps:
    There was a command for disk 1 but the command for disk 0 seems to have been skipped (steps 24 and 25) for the partition information. These are some additional commands.

1) diskpart
    2) list disk
    3) select disk 0
    4) list volume
    5) list partition
    6) select partition 1
    7) detail partition
    8) select partition 2
    9) detail partition
    10) select partition 3
    11) detail partition
    12) select partition 4
    13) detail partition
    14) if there are any other partitions on disk 0 continue in the same fashion
    15) exit
    16) continue with prior steps

zbook, Mar 26, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

I recently updated my laptop and now my usb apparently is not 3.0

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, I recently updated my laptop and now my usb apparently is not 3.0 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

I recently updated my laptop and now my usb apparently is not 3.0

1. I recently updated my laptop and now my usb apparently is not 3.0 - Similar Threads - recently updated laptop

2. I recently had windows 11 latest update on my laptop and now my microphone is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently had windows 11 latest update on my laptop and now my microphone is not working...: When I tested my microphone, the result was not more than 19% also, the troubleshooting tool is no longer available. I have updated my microphone driver as well but it still does not work. It is so annoying, I am a student and have to deal with online meetings frequently,...
  3. I recently had windows 11 latest update on my laptop and now my microphone is not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently had windows 11 latest update on my laptop and now my microphone is not working...: When I tested my microphone, the result was not more than 19% also, the troubleshooting tool is no longer available. I have updated my microphone driver as well but it still does not work. It is so annoying, I am a student and have to deal with online meetings frequently,...
  4. I recently performed an update to my Windows 10 OS and now I cannot login to my laptop with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently performed an update to my Windows 10 OS and now I cannot login to my laptop with...: I recently performed an update to my Windows 10 OS and now I cannot login to my laptop with either my fingerprint or my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-performed-an-update-to-my-windows-10-os/66ea5063-7f19-48d0-8077-dd5da9ec5e67
  5. I recently performed an update to my Windows 10 OS and now I cannot login to my laptop with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently performed an update to my Windows 10 OS and now I cannot login to my laptop with...: I recently performed an update to my Windows 10 OS and now I cannot login to my laptop with either my fingerprint or my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-performed-an-update-to-my-windows-10-os/66ea5063-7f19-48d0-8077-dd5da9ec5e67
  6. I recently performed an update to my Windows 10 OS and now I cannot login to my laptop with...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Recent Bios Update Enabled Bitlocker and now locked my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Bios Update Enabled Bitlocker and now locked my laptop: Help please! A recent MS BIOS update to my Dell Inspiron 15 5584 has resulted in Bitlocker now being enabled, when it wasn't previously. I've never installed any MS software other than what came with the laptop new. So I have no Recovery Key to unlock my laptop. I've tried...
  8. My Laptop Has Failed to update for 3 Months Now

My Laptop Has Failed to update for 3 Months Now: My laptop has failed the most recent Windows update more than 30 consecutive times, and i have tried really hard to at least diagnose the problem, but all i know is that the error code is 0x80070003, and the troubleshooter has been as helpful as a waste of time in the form of...
  9. I updated my laptop with the recent 1903 update

I updated my laptop with the recent 1903 update: It worked well until today. But when I tried to start it, it became a black screen with nothing and the caps lock key flashed continuously. I don't know what to do, I have some really important things about that. Please help me, I don't want to install Windows again and lose...
  10. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...