Windows 10: I recently updated Windows 10 and now my desktop picture is gone and Personalize does no...

Discus and support I recently updated Windows 10 and now my desktop picture is gone and Personalize does no... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently updated Windows 10 and now my desktop picture is gone and Personalize no longer gives me the option of Background to put a picture on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rita Haman, Aug 9, 2019.

1. I recently updated Windows 10 and now my desktop picture is gone and Personalize does no...

I recently updated Windows 10 and now my desktop picture is gone and Personalize no longer gives me the option of Background to put a picture on my desktop.

:)

Rita Haman, Aug 9, 2019

2. Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I recently updated Windows 10 and now my desktop picture is gone and Personalize does no...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

I recently updated Windows 10 and now my desktop picture is gone and Personalize does no...

1. I recently updated Windows 10 and now my desktop picture is gone and Personalize does no... - Similar Threads - recently updated desktop

2. desktop personalization does not see pictures in the folder I selected with the pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop personalization does not see pictures in the folder I selected with the pictures: I have been using windows since it was invented... I have been using the desktop personalization since it's beginnings as well. With windows 11, I can see my pictures in their folders - however, when I go to the personalization and browse to the same folder, the folder is...
  3. desktop personalization does not see pictures in the folder I selected with the pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop personalization does not see pictures in the folder I selected with the pictures: I have been using windows since it was invented... I have been using the desktop personalization since it's beginnings as well. With windows 11, I can see my pictures in their folders - however, when I go to the personalization and browse to the same folder, the folder is...
  4. Files on Desktop and Pictures gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files on Desktop and Pictures gone!: I lost All my pictures downloaded from my iPhone that I have been keeping in the 'Picture' folder. ALL my setup on my desktop are gone. This happening after the update, NOT upgrade. I don't backup on Cloud thought my computer is safe enough to save all my pictures. I...
  5. My Windows 10 updated and now my background picture is gone.

My Windows 10 updated and now my background picture is gone.: My Windows 10 updated today. Took a couple hours. Turned computer on and screen is black. My picture is gone. Why? What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-updated-and-now-my-background/2dc8b002-cfff-4dca-ac65-12ee2f455ede
  6. Windows 10 Updated and now my calendar is gone,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Updated and now my calendar is gone,: I went to pinned icons to update my calendar and it is gone. How do I get it back? I have searched the services, etc and cannot find it. It did not sink with my phone either. So I lost appts. I do not want the one in Outlook. I am talking about the one that was in...
  7. Windows 10 I want change the picutre on my desktop to a personal picture out of my colllection

Windows 10 I want change the picutre on my desktop to a personal picture out of my colllection: I want to take and picture from my album, collection and put it on my desktop Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-i-want-change-the-picutre-on-my-desktop/6b69ffdf-f8d7-4301-94f9-69c7f6358f76
  8. I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I just updates Windows and now all of my documents, images, and desktop icons are GONE!: I just did the update for Windows on my Lenovo Laptop. After it restarted a few times, I tried to log in and after putting my PIN or using thumbprint, I got a message that said "User profile could not be loaded". I finally go Windows to open using the F8 option. I found a...
  9. windows 10 update, my desktop is gone.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update, my desktop is gone.: After windows 10 update, my desktop is gone. How do I get my desktop and all my files back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-my-desktop-is-gone/5af1ddae-fe94-49d3-9d76-6ad5934deff0
  10. I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I did a Microsoft update and now my desktop icons are gone: I used the troubleshooter and it is saying that there might be a problem with driver for the wifi adapter. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happened to my desktop pictures when i updated windows yesterday