Windows 10: I recently updated Windows and got Precision Driver for the trackpad, and there's some...

Discus and support I recently updated Windows and got Precision Driver for the trackpad, and there's some... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First, I am using the 3 finger swipe to switch between windows, but that motion goes way too fast. I used to have Synaptics Driver and the window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aNonnyMouseRat, Oct 31, 2020.

1. I recently updated Windows and got Precision Driver for the trackpad, and there's some...

First, I am using the 3 finger swipe to switch between windows, but that motion goes way too fast. I used to have Synaptics Driver and the window switching was much slower. The Precision Driver causes it to uncontrollably switch. How do I change the speed of this?

Is there a way to set tracking acceleration? Like when I move slowly across the trackpad, the mouse would move slower as well and when I speed up, the the mouse goes faster?

submitted by /u/aNonnyMouseRat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aNonnyMouseRat, Oct 31, 2020

2. Precision Trackpad Scrolling Broken Since Creators Update

This is a revival of
    this thread
    . It was locked for an unknown reason, despite the issue clearly still being relevant.

Ever since over a year ago when the initial Creators Update dropped, scrolling on precision trackpads has been a hot mess. The effects of the update include:

• Certain applications experience extreme stutter while scrolling with a precision trackpad(example). The graphics seem to only update when
      there is a decent break in between scroll events.
    • Applications such as Windows Explorer, Notepad, Notepad++, etc that would have normally scrolled line-by-line at a fast rate now scroll several lines at a time(depending on the value in Settings>Devices>Mouse) at a slow rate. This leads to much less precise
      scroll that you would expect from a precision trackpad. Windows Explorer has since been specifically fixed in the Fall Creators Update, but all other applications are left in the dust.

It's been said that the reason for these issues is due to precision trackpads now using mouse scroll events, in contrast to the previous method of directly manipulating scrollbars just as touchscreens do. While it does seem to make sense to use actual scroll
    events, the previous method of scrolling provided a vastly better experience.

This thread is meant to be both a question and a suggestion. The suggestion being to revert back to the old method of scrolling. The question being, is there any (even hacky) method to restore old precision trackpad scrolling functionality? It's been over
    a year now, and it's been thoroughly frustrating to not have any fix for this.

Brett Butcher, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Clintlgm Win User

I recently updated Windows and got Precision Driver for the trackpad, and there's some...

Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?

Ok, I have been able to solve this issue.
    I downloaded Dell command 3.0 Dell-Command-Update_4374J_WIN_3.0.0_A00.exe, and Installed.
    After a reboot, Dell Command update ran and offered me two downloads
    1. Wifi driver
    2. Intel serial IO driver
    I installed the Intel IO Driver: Chipset_Driver_C67R4_WN32_30.100.1727.1_A01_01.EXE
    Boom on reboot trackpad is disabled and checking windows/settings/devices/Trackpad is listed as Your PC has a precision trackpad, and all the windows setting for the trackpad are there.

To be clear today I did call Dell Pro Plus tech support and lucked out getting a tech that was switched on, we were able to figure this out in about 15 minutes and have it solved in 30 minutes. So this was a hardware issue, not a windows problem.

I recently updated Windows and got Precision Driver for the trackpad, and there's some... [​IMG]

Clintlgm, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

I recently updated Windows and got Precision Driver for the trackpad, and there's some...

1. I recently updated Windows and got Precision Driver for the trackpad, and there's some... - Similar Threads - recently updated got

2. Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed: Microsoft Windows Precision Driver has had an awful bug since its arrival in windows 10 and 11 earliest and current releases.If a users' finger makes a short stroke followed by an immediate left-click press whether using one or two fingers thumb as left-click, index as curser...
  3. Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Precision Trackpad Driver is Flawed: Microsoft Windows Precision Driver has had an awful bug since its arrival in windows 10 and 11 earliest and current releases.If a users' finger makes a short stroke followed by an immediate left-click press whether using one or two fingers thumb as left-click, index as curser...
  4. Windows Precision Trackpad lacks functionality.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Precision Trackpad lacks functionality.: I have a Dell XPS 9700. It comes with a windows precision trackpad. I came to windows laptops from using macs, and there are several things about the trackpad that piss me off that I hope there are ways to fix. I looked everywhere in the options settings and found no feature...
  5. Installing windows precision trackpad driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows precision trackpad driver: My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 320. I tried installing precision touchpad but my trackpad just stopped working after that. I reverted back to the prior driver which is ELAN. I need to know if anyone has successfully managed to upgrade a ideapad elan touchpad to precision...
  6. Is there any external device like touchpad or trackpad that utilize precision drivers...

Is there any external device like touchpad or trackpad that utilize precision drivers...: I’m new to windows, (maybe) formerly Mac. This week I’m trying to make a transition. I love the gestures swiping between windows and desktops on the windows surface laptop. However, I have an Apple Magic trackpad 2 and none of the videos and Reddit posts are helpful for...
  7. Does anyone have a fix for Precision trackpads for this issue?

Does anyone have a fix for Precision trackpads for this issue?: submitted by /u/OmegaMalkior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gh93e9/does_anyone_have_a_fix_for_precision_trackpads/
  8. Windows precision drivers

Windows precision drivers: Hey guys I just learned yesterday that you can install the Windows precision drivers on basically any Elan or synaptics trackpad, I tried to install it on my Lenovo IdeaPad which has Elan drivers, the drivers get installed succesfully but after rebooting the mouse doesn't...
  9. How to completely REMOVE Windows 10 Precision Trackpad driver?

How to completely REMOVE Windows 10 Precision Trackpad driver?: I'm trying to get rid of the windows 10 precision trackpad settings/driver, because it seems to be impossible to disable mouse acceleration while it is installed. Could someone point me in the right direction, or help me disable trackpad acceleration? submitted by /u/Surpex...
  10. precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix?: this driver has an issue of reading multiple multi gestures whenever your fingers touch each other causing the cursor to spazz out of control and jump around(teleport) here is the video of this happening on surface pro 6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct1pCl9LizY...