Windows 10: I recently updated windows and these files appeared in file explorer.

Discus and support I recently updated windows and these files appeared in file explorer. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not sure if these files appeared because of the Cumulative update preview for windows 10 21h2 for x64-based systems KB5016688 or if they are from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gokuisOP, Sep 5, 2022.

1. gokuisOP Win User

I recently updated windows and these files appeared in file explorer.

I'm not sure if these files appeared because of the Cumulative update preview for windows 10 21h2 for x64-based systems KB5016688 or if they are from something else but they appeared around the time I started updating. Here is a screen shot of the files I'm talking about.

:)

gokuisOP, Sep 5, 2022
Thema:

I recently updated windows and these files appeared in file explorer.

1. I recently updated windows and these files appeared in file explorer. - Similar Threads - recently updated files

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer: This morning I noticed my recent files section on the home tab of the file explorer included a bunch of files I hadn't opened in months. They all appear to have been opened at the exact same time 5:55pm 5:54pm, 5:50pm, and 10 to 15 at a time have the exact same time stamp. It...
  6. Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files I haven't opened in months appearing in "Recent Files" in File Explorer: This morning I noticed my recent files section on the home tab of the file explorer included a bunch of files I hadn't opened in months. They all appear to have been opened at the exact same time 5:55pm 5:54pm, 5:50pm, and 10 to 15 at a time have the exact same time stamp. It...
  7. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer: Hi guys, I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible idea. I have searched how to apply this but I can't seem to get it to work, including the link below. I work for a large...
  8. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  9. Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files": Hi everyone my name is Rod and I have a weird "problem" and not sure if I should worry if at all, it's my first time posting here and if I make any mistakes I apologize in advance. I recently did a fresh install of win10 x64 on my HTPC and everything works fine except for...
  10. File Explorer and Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and Recent Files: At work, I'll open files on a network path that is only accessible at work, e.g. \\mywork.org\shares\file.xyz These files will appear in my recent list when opening File Explorer (Win+E). The problem I have is at home where that network path is not accessible, and the...