Windows 10: I recently upgraded my processor and and mobo in my desktop. I get this error when I try...

Discus and support I recently upgraded my processor and and mobo in my desktop. I get this error when I try... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheTrumpetDude1 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheTrumpetDude1, Jan 10, 2021.

1. I recently upgraded my processor and and mobo in my desktop. I get this error when I try...

/u/TheTrumpetDude1, Jan 10, 2021
  2. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Processor upgrade

The process is just as bobkn described.

To avoid problems with the flash, do the following:
    • Download the 3 files you need, and save them to an easy to find location - Desktop, etc. You will need BIOS version F32, BIOS version F50, and the EC FW update utility.
    • You will need a blank USB thumb drive (nothing on it). The thumb drive needs to be formatted FAT32 (the standard for most thumb drives), not NTFS.
    • Step one is to flash to BIOS F32, so copy the F32 BIOS file to the thumb drive. Only the file, not the entire folder if it comes zipped up.
    • Perform the Flash as directed in the instructions.
    • When the flash is done, don't forget to do the last step: "Load Optimized Defaults" .
    • Then Install the EC FW update utility. Always best to restart the PC after the installation.
    • Then delete the F32 BIOS from the flash drive and copy over the F50 Bios to it.
    • Then install the F50 BIOS.

And then you are ready to upgrade the processor.

Note: always a good idea, after installing the processor and entering BIOS to check it out, to Load Optimized Defaults again, then Save & Exit.
    Make any BIOS customizations after you have tested the system and Windows and all is good.

3. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Jan 10, 2021
  4. I recently upgraded my processor and and mobo in my desktop. I get this error when I try...

Windows 10 (upgraded originally from Win 7 Ult) - Can I upgrade mobo & processor

Dear Windows Community,

quick question for you. Like a lot of others, took advantage of MS upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 (pro) last year on my pc..

Now Mobo, processor and ram are rather old and begging for an upgrade...if I stick to same manufacturer of Mobo...how likely is it, If I did swap out the mobo/processor/ram, that the Win 10 licence would be ok..or would it explode in a mass of complaints
    of invalid licence and requiring help from MS to resolve?

As replacing those items will be expensive enough, didn't want the added cost of fouling my win 10 licence as well.

jamie_long, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

I recently upgraded my processor and and mobo in my desktop. I get this error when I try...

1. I recently upgraded my processor and and mobo in my desktop. I get this error when I try... - Similar Threads - recently upgraded processor

2. When i try to log into my Microsoft account i keep getting this error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i try to log into my Microsoft account i keep getting this error: I'm trying to log into my Microsoft account but whenever i enter the password it keeps saying "something went wrong please try again later 0x80190001" does anyone know the solution to this problem?...
  3. i had tpm and secure boot on then upgraded my mobo and processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i had tpm and secure boot on then upgraded my mobo and processor: so i bought a i9 10900k and asus z490 mobo i had tpm 2.0 and secure boot on now my hard drives are not seen in boot manager or detected i cannot boot into windows do i need to plug in the old mobo and processor and disable tmp and secure boot to access my windows files...
  4. So I was wondering when I upgrade my mobo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I was wondering when I upgrade my mobo: So I was wondering when I upgrade my mobo and reinstall windows do I have to do a clean install they deletes everything or a install that keeps my files apps.I have two 500gb drives submitted by /u/Aggressive-Poet6415 [link] [comments]...
  5. I upgraded my processor and MoBo but windows is stuck on 1703 and won't update further.

I upgraded my processor and MoBo but windows is stuck on 1703 and won't update further.: I keep checking updates and it says it's up to date. In my previous PC I was running 1903. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/MrXam [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnygcr/i_upgraded_my_processor_and_mobo_but_windows_is/
  6. i was trying to factory reset my pc, and when i try, i get this error. i’ve looked at...

i was trying to factory reset my pc, and when i try, i get this error. i’ve looked at...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bxpherd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9b4k3/i_was_trying_to_factory_reset_my_pc_and_when_i/
  7. I get an error message when I try to access my email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get an error message when I try to access my email: I get an error message when trying gain access to my email accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-message-when-i-try-to-access-my/d985c525-e4e6-466b-a9c5-070b1dbf1db2
  8. I get an error when I try to clean my DIsk.

I get an error when I try to clean my DIsk.: In the command prompt when I type clean after selecting my disk, it replies with Diskpart has encountered an error: A device which does not exist has been specified. See the System Event Log for more information. Can i clean my disk in another way or how can I fix this...
  9. Can I upgrade my laptop's processor?

Can I upgrade my laptop's processor?: I've recently noticed that my 2011 Toshiba Satellite L755-S5214 gets up to a CPU temperature of around 70°C, which isn't good. It currently has an i3-2310M, with a maximum operating temperature of 85°C. I'm thinking of upgrading to an i7-2710QE, which is a quad-core processor...
  10. I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I've recently upgraded my motherboard and when i try to troubleshoot my windows 10...: Hi, I just recently upgraded my cpu(Ryzen 5 2600) and motherboard (MSI B450 Gaming plus) and i tried to reactivate windows on this new system. However, when i boot up the troubleshooter to reactivate windows again i cannot find my new system listed at the Microsoft account...