Windows 10: I recently upgraded to new hardware, and I have lost my proof of purchase and old product...

Discus and support I recently upgraded to new hardware, and I have lost my proof of purchase and old product... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The title lays it out. I called customer support and was told that I NEED to purchase a new key. However, I am not going to spend an extra $150 dollars... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MattValentine4, Aug 4, 2019.

1. I recently upgraded to new hardware, and I have lost my proof of purchase and old product...

The title lays it out. I called customer support and was told that I NEED to purchase a new key. However, I am not going to spend an extra $150 dollars on a piece of software I was using as recently as two weeks ago. Is there any other way to get my windows reactivated on my new hardware or am I basically SOL?

:)

MattValentine4, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Xenesh Win User

Lost Proof of Purchase

Hey,

My E71 just recently decided to give me a black screen. After all the basic troubleshooting failed to resolve it I phoned the care centre. They're asking for a proof of purchase when I deliver it to the repair centre but I quite sure I've thrown out all
    the boxes and what not. What do I do?

Note: The phone purchase is recent and well within the warranty (even checked it using the warranty checker tool) and it was purchased from a retail store (Big W).

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Xenesh, Oct 1, 2019
  3. I recently upgraded to new hardware, and I have lost my proof of purchase and old product key for my windows 7 upgrade to 10.

The title lays it out. I called customer support and was told that I NEED to purchase a new key. However, I am not going to spend an extra $150 dollars on a piece of software I was using as recently as two weeks ago. Is there any other
    way to get my windows reactivated on my new hardware or am I basically SOL?

MattValentine4, Oct 1, 2019
  4. I recently upgraded to new hardware, and I have lost my proof of purchase and old product...

I recently upgraded to new hardware, and I have lost my proof of purchase and old product key for my windows 7 upgrade to 10.

Hi Matt.

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Activation depends on what type of license you have of Windows 7/8/10.

If Windows 7/8/10 came preinstalled with the computer, that is called an OEM license. For an OEM license, the license dies as soon as Motherboard dies. So essentially it is non-transferable. If that is the case you need to get a new license.

However, this is not same for retail licenses i.e. you purchased the license through Microsoft store. That does carry transfer rights. If that is the case, please see the below steps:

Run the activation troubleshooter on the new device using the below steps:

Go to Settings>Update and security>Activation and run the troubleshooter. and select I recently changed hardware on this device.

(Please note that Activation troubleshooter requires you to have digital license linked to Microsoft Account.)

If the troubleshooter hasn't helped, you can get in touch of an agent using the link below who can help you to get your copy activated:

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

I recently upgraded to new hardware, and I have lost my proof of purchase and old product...

1. I recently upgraded to new hardware, and I have lost my proof of purchase and old product... - Similar Threads - recently upgraded hardware

2. I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently got a new upgrade kit and it removed my key becuase of the new hardware and i...: windows 11 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-got-a-new-upgrade-kit-and-it-removed-my/82adeeb7-64c3-4818-91e6-05fedd019a81
  3. I have a product key from my old device, I upgraded hardware but I can't activate the new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a product key from my old device, I upgraded hardware but I can't activate the new...: I have a product key from my old device, I upgraded hardware but I can't activate the new one using the old product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-product-key-from-my-old-device-i-upgraded/10872f5d-aff5-4007-a640-047fbb37ce0c
  4. I have a product key from my old device, I upgraded hardware but I can't activate the new...

I have a product key from my old device, I upgraded hardware but I can't activate the new...: I have a product key from my old device, I upgraded hardware but I can't activate the new one using the old product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-product-key-from-my-old-device-i-upgraded/10872f5d-aff5-4007-a640-047fbb37ce0c
  5. I have a product key from my old device, I upgraded hardware but I can't activate the new...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. HELP! Need proof of purchase Product Key, Win10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Need proof of purchase Product Key, Win10 Pro Upgrade: I lost my upgrade Product Key Home to Pro when system crashed and had to re-install the original OS from Dell. I do have the $100 receipt from MS Store for the upgrade last Sept but it doesn't provide the PK....
  7. HELP! Need proof of purchase Product Key, Win10 Pro Upgrade

HELP! Need proof of purchase Product Key, Win10 Pro Upgrade: I lost my upgrade Product Key Home to Pro when system crashed and had to re-install the original OS from Dell. I do have the $100 receipt from MS Store for the upgrade last Sept but it doesn't provide the PK....
  8. HELP! Need proof of purchase Product Key, Win10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Windows 10 got deactivated after i changed hardware, proof of purchase is lost.

Windows 10 got deactivated after i changed hardware, proof of purchase is lost.: I changed the hardware on my windows 10 pc and now windows are deactivated, so I called Microsoft and they say that they require proof of purchase of the windows key. I bought the key many years ago and have no idea if it was physical or digital or where I bought it but I do...
  10. have old product ID but lost product key

have old product ID but lost product key: I have a zed note 11.6 with window installed in the package. I lost the product key but have the last product ID on which the windows were active. the product ID is 00325-86280-00000-AAOEM...