Windows 10: I refreshed my OS and now can't seem to reuse my previously installed XBox GamePass games...

Discus and support I refreshed my OS and now can't seem to reuse my previously installed XBox GamePass games... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I did an refresh of my OS Windows 10 2004 x64 and on my game drive Z: I had ~550GB worth of XBox GamePass games installed. And here a few issues are... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Laibalion, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Laibalion Win User

I refreshed my OS and now can't seem to reuse my previously installed XBox GamePass games...

I did an refresh of my OS Windows 10 2004 x64 and on my game drive Z: I had ~550GB worth of XBox GamePass games installed.

And here a few issues are popping up:

1. There doesn't seem to be a way for the XBox Game App or Windows to recognize that these apps were installed there before
    2. I cannot reinstall games on that drive now. Try to do so, it shows a message 'This drive isn't configured for installing games.'. When setting up this drive via Settings->Storage->'Change where new content is saved' i see the following behavior:
      1. change one of the categories to the Z drive, it seems to do something
      2. go back and open the 'Change where new content is saved' setting again, the change was not applied.
      3. So this doesn't work
    3. When trying to move an app that was installed on the C drive to the Z drive i get prompted with the message that it finds apps from a previous 'device' on it and needs to wipe those apps. THis is a problem because:
      1. I don't have the capacity to re-download 550GB of data
      2. I don't remember what I had installed even

How can this be designed this way? Every time I need to reinstall the OS, I have to redownload and reinstall all 550GB worth XBox GamePass games al over again??

Is there some way for me to recover the previously downloaded files so that I don't have to download the everything again?

:)

Laibalion, Jun 5, 2020

2. Gamepass games on PC not working

I have a valid gamepass ultimate subscription and recently tried to play gamepass games on PC. I downloaded the app and installed Crosscode and The Messenger. When I try to launch the games through the Xbox PC app, the app minimizes and nothing happens.
    When I try to launch the games through the start menu, it just directs me to the Windows Store to download the Xbox App, which shows that I've already downloaded it. Games I have previously downloaded from before the Xbox App came out, such as Forza Horizon
    4, seem to work ok. What can I do to get the newer games working?

Darth Navster, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox Game Pass: July New Games Xbox

Hello @BitSkrieg, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

*Arrow Xbox Game Pass FAQs | Start Your Free Trial | Xbox

Brink, Jun 5, 2020
  4. ParkT Win User

I refreshed my OS and now can't seem to reuse my previously installed XBox GamePass games...

Xbox gamepass game cause windows store window to pop up with Gaming Service 'purchase' screen

None of my Xbox gamepass games will run on my system after the latest windows security upgrade from Microsoft.

When I try to run a game, instead I get the Windows store page for Gaming Services (which shows as being installed).

Ive tried re-installing the the Gaming Services but I still cannot get the gamepass-based game to run.

ParkT, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. I refreshed my OS and now can't seem to reuse my previously installed XBox GamePass games... - Similar Threads - refreshed can't seem

2. After I Refreshed my PC xbox app was uninstalled but the games that i had installed in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After I Refreshed my PC xbox app was uninstalled but the games that i had installed in...: So i refreshed my windows So it kept all my files but uninstalled the apps I had installed multiple games on Different drives the game take like 200GB combinedNow I cannot find the files of the games at all to delete them Please help...
  3. After I Refreshed my PC xbox app was uninstalled but the games that i had installed in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After I Refreshed my PC xbox app was uninstalled but the games that i had installed in...: So i refreshed my windows So it kept all my files but uninstalled the apps I had installed multiple games on Different drives the game take like 200GB combinedNow I cannot find the files of the games at all to delete them Please help...
  4. After I Refreshed my PC xbox app was uninstalled but the games that i had installed in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't download Gamepass games, and only gamepass games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't download Gamepass games, and only gamepass games.: All of the sudden the other day, I can't install anything from gamepass. Through either the Xbox app or the Microsoft Store. I've reinstalled everything over powershell, I've reinstalled the gaming services, I've rebooted and reset the Xbox app, and use wsreset.exe multiple...
  6. Installing games from xbox gamepass

Installing games from xbox gamepass: Hi! I want to install game from xbox gamepass on my game drive. It says "This location isn`t set up for installing games.", then I press "Set it as your location for where new apps are saved". Then I choose my drive instead of C and it says "Remove other apps" and it says...
  7. Xbox Gamepass hesabımdaki oyun silinmiyor.[Translation-The game on my Xbox Game Pass...

Xbox Gamepass hesabımdaki oyun silinmiyor.[Translation-The game on my Xbox Game Pass...: Selamlar. Ben Forza Horizon 4 oynamak için gamepass almıştım. Ve üyeliğim bitti. Sonrasında bu oyun diskimde çok yer kapladığı için silmek istedim. Fakat silinmiyor. Program kaldır kısmında gözükmüyor. Gamepass hesabıma giriyorum, yüklü oyunlara tıklıyorum hiç bir şey...
  8. Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where my new apps are saved too. Can't install xbox gamepass games on external...: Hey, I have been trying to change where my new apps install too but I keep getting the error message. 0x80070005. This error is stopping me from installing games through xbox game pass as according to the xbox app, that drive isn't set up for installing games, despite other...
  9. Not able to install games from Xbox Gamepass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to install games from Xbox Gamepass: Hello, i've recently bought 3 months of Gamepass at 1 euro, but when i've tried to install a game the app says me : it looks like you don't have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. The...
  10. Reuse my os on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reuse my os on new laptop: Hi Team, I bought windows 8 pro for my old laptop On 2012 later it was upgraded to windows 10.currently my laptop is getting old and i am planning to buy a new one. Is it possible to use the product key used in my old laptop(once it is scrapped)in my new laptop. Thanks...