Windows 10: I reinstalled my Windows 10 with the factory image but now it shows an F drive?

Discus and support I reinstalled my Windows 10 with the factory image but now it shows an F drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had to do this because it wouldn't reset windows and it was jus all around full of bugs. My indexing was turned off and I couldn't extend my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoseSuarezOR, Mar 9, 2021.

1. I reinstalled my Windows 10 with the factory image but now it shows an F drive?

I had to do this because it wouldn't reset windows and it was jus all around full of bugs. My indexing was turned off and I couldn't extend my screen to an outside source despite trying everything under the Sun. I had made some upgrades like expanding my hard drive from a 4 Gb to 8 and a new WiFi card. it is an Inspiron 3542 BTW. The re-installation went without a hitch. I was even surprised that the WiFi card was functioning without me having to manually install the new drivers. However I noticed that a new F drive had appeared. What is happening and what should I do? Do I have to worry about this or just let it be? I reinstalled my Windows 10 with the factory image but now it shows an F drive? 61a8a355-3161-4985-8f51-26e197f45f9c?upload=true.png

:)

JoseSuarezOR, Mar 9, 2021
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 missing F drive

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Let us know some more details:

Have you used any third part software to manage Disk partition?
    no

• Did you format the drive? no
    • Have you performed a Clean Install? no
    I suggest you to check for the drive in Disk Management and see if it appears there. Follow the steps:
    nothing labled "f"

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    See if the drive F: appears and does it appear as unallocated?

I reinstalled my Windows 10 with the factory image but now it shows an F drive? 59775f57-2d23-4e14-8683-eec2082e061e.png

I reinstalled my Windows 10 with the factory image but now it shows an F drive? 22aaec8d-dde5-4580-a261-8b15219911fc.png

Jeff Tideman, Mar 9, 2021
  4. kjl1956 Win User

I reinstalled my Windows 10 with the factory image but now it shows an F drive?

Windows 10 missing F drive

On disk management go to "view " tab , select "top" select "disk list".

What is the format on each drive, gpt, mbr or other ?

Drive 0 3tb shows gpt protected partition ( for uefi bios ) then flowed by two empty partitions, not formated, where windows should have been installed to.

Windows was installed on drive 1 of 500 gig .

Post a pic of the disk list.

kjl1956, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

I reinstalled my Windows 10 with the factory image but now it shows an F drive?

1. I reinstalled my Windows 10 with the factory image but now it shows an F drive? - Similar Threads - reinstalled factory image

2. I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.: I changed my downloads location from C:\Users\uprig\Downloads SSD to F:/ HDD and now the downloads became the Hard Drive. So now when i download something it downlaods it into the hard drive, not a downloads folder in F:/, its all messed up. I did this with other things by...
  3. I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.: I changed my downloads location from C:\Users\uprig\Downloads SSD to F:/ HDD and now the downloads became the Hard Drive. So now when i download something it downlaods it into the hard drive, not a downloads folder in F:/, its all messed up. I did this with other things by...
  4. I changed my downloads location to F:/ and now it changed into the hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. F drive shows up twice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F drive shows up twice: My coputer is showing two F drives. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f-drive-shows-up-twice/4125481f-2b96-4858-b8c0-37f7420a3e90
  6. I reinstalled windows and now my hard drive does not show my files when I look for them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I reinstalled windows and now my hard drive does not show my files when I look for them: I had to reinstall windows because it corrupted when I updated and now my hard drive shows that my files are taking space but I can only see the files if I go to my drive and look through it. Cortana does not show them. now I cannot find any of my games or game launchers such...
  7. MBR on my F:\ Drive!?!?

MBR on my F:\ Drive!?!?: Hello! I just curious that my M.2 , SSD and a HHD. I have notice that my SSD f:\ drive is MBR (Master Boot Record) So I thought should be on M.2 C:\ drive! So My M.2 Samsung is not MBR which is using Windows OS !!!! [img] Do I worry with this? Please let me know and...
  8. Drive f:

Drive f:: I can't find my drive f: to eject my flash drive. Where it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-f/212e2e25-97fc-49f7-9ad9-ffc8fc1cf60e
  9. Windows 10 F Drive is now Full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 F Drive is now Full: Did the update for Windows 10 1803 and now there is a Disk F which seems to be a partition Windows made and it said it is full, but there are no files in it. I had tech support from where I bought the desktop and did a remote but they didn't get rid or fix the problem....
  10. Windows 10 F Drive Full

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 F Drive Full: Did the update for Windows 10 1803 and now there is a Disk F which seems to be a partition Windows made and it said it is full, but there are no files in it. I had tech support from where I bought the desktop and did a remote but they didn't get rid or fix the problem....