Windows 10: i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop

Discus and support i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i reinstalled my windows hoping it will solve my problem .. if restart the using windows>power>restart my laptop wont boot up because my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Glutt25, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Glutt25 Win User

i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop

Hello,

i reinstalled my windows hoping it will solve my problem ..

if restart the using windows>power>restart

my laptop wont boot up because my ssdwhere my OS and my boot manager wont show up in the bios boot list

the only option is PXE networknothing happends when it boot via that
    i need to hold power button to turn off the computer and turn it on again to boot normally

the ppl i ask too said reinstall will solve the problem so i tried but after that i got this error

i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop 1250ebe7-14d3-46b3-83b9-f4ffef46e322?upload=true.png

i can use my laptop normally its just i encounter problems only when i install updates and other things that need to restart the computer

my question now is what to do next?

:)

Glutt25, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Can't detect SSD when Installing windows10

Hi,

Incorrectly configured BIOS settings may cause your SSD not to be detected.

For us to properly isolate and provide a suitable resolution, we'll be needing additional information:

• Does your gaming laptop have HDD and SSD?
    • Is your SSD a SATA or M.2?
    • Were you trying to reinstall Windows 10?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the BIOS setting?

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 7, 2021
  3. A. User Win User
    SSD is not detected in BIOS

Hi Joey,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be. However, could you please let us know was there any major change on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Change BIOS settings.

1. As you have mentioned, you are able to boot the system in safe boot, restart the system and enter
      BIOS setup.
    2. Expand System Configuration and click on
      SATA Operation.
    3. Change the SATA Operation mode to AHCI from either IDE or RAID.
    4. Save changes or Apply
      and ExitSetup.
    5. Reboot once more and Windows will automatically start the AHCI drivers.

BIOS Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer
      from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

After following the steps above, if the SSD is being detected. Please follow
    Method 2.

Method 2: Rebuild BCD from command prompt (This method needs bootable media).

If the bootable media is not created, you can refer this link to

Create Windows 10 installation media
    , please refer this section on 'Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC' for the steps to create installation
    media.

1. Insert the bootable media for Windows 10, and restart your PC.
    2. Press on any key to proceed.
    3. Select a language and click on
      Next.
    4. Click on Repair your computer option.
    5. Click the operating system that you want to repair and then click
      Next.
    6. On the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt.
    7. Type BOOTREC /FIXMBR, and then press
      ENTER.
    8. Type BOOTREC /FIXBOOT, and then press
      ENTER.
    9. Type BOOTREC /SCANOS, and then press
      ENTER.
    10. Type BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD, and then press
      ENTER.
    11. Restart your PC.

Regards.

A. User, Mar 7, 2021
  4. i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop

Laptop goes into bios everytime.

Hello there. I'd like to apologize if this is a duplicate thread but after hours of searching I have found no solutions. I'm not an expert on laptops but I'll describe what happened. I own an asus x555 laptop with windows 10 and it's been fine for months now. But recently there was a windows update that was in progress and said do not turn off and my power source cut off and my laptop offed. Later I started my laptop and it ran like usual and windows gave me a notification saying that the updates were rolled back. Then I had it again and my laptop turned off because of no battery. Then when I turned it on it was stuck at the Asus logo like this:

i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop maxresdefault.jpg

Then I accessed my bios and restored default settings and accessed easy flash (Idk what happened but after I did that and restarted my laptop went to the same loading screen except ran a self diagnosis thing.) Then my laptop worked and I logged in. Later I launched a game and it kept crashing so I restarted my laptop. Then it kept running the self diagnosis thing at the asus loading screen and kept restarting with the same thing. Then I selected the shut down option tried again and now I'm stuck at going to the bios everytime I turn on my computer. I'm no computer expert so please help me on this. I have an amd r5 graphics card with an amd a6 quad core processor if that helps anything.

madsthehuman, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop

1. i reinstalled my windows becase my bios wont detect my ssd everytime i restart laptop - Similar Threads - reinstalled becase bios

2. Everytime i restart my laptop, my second ssd is locked by bitlocker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime i restart my laptop, my second ssd is locked by bitlocker.: I cloned my main ssd yesterday, i got windows 11 to boot but my second ssd is always locked after a restart and theres also no bitlocker options on the laptop. How can i fix it?...
  3. Everytime i restart my laptop, my second ssd is locked by bitlocker.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everytime i restart my laptop, my second ssd is locked by bitlocker.: I cloned my main ssd yesterday, i got windows 11 to boot but my second ssd is always locked after a restart and theres also no bitlocker options on the laptop. How can i fix it?...
  4. StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop: Hello,Before linking me other questions of same subject notice I already tried all the solutions in the other threads on answers.microsft.comI couldn't fix my problem so I'm opening a new one.Everytime I restart my laptop, StickyKeys option and its sub-option press MAIUSC 5...
  5. StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop

StickyKeys activate everytime I restart my laptop: Hello,Before linking me other questions of same subject notice I already tried all the solutions in the other threads on answers.microsft.comI couldn't fix my problem so I'm opening a new one.Everytime I restart my laptop, StickyKeys option and its sub-option press MAIUSC 5...
  6. my pc crashes everytime I restart it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc crashes everytime I restart it: for the past few days, I cant restart my pc because it will crash and give me blue screen and the code of MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. its happen everytime I try to restart it but nothing happen when I shut it down like usual. is there anything I can do without losing my pc...
  7. Get KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED everytime i turn on/restart my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED everytime i turn on/restart my laptop: Hello my name is loafy every time i restart or turn on my laptop it say KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDi easily solve it with just turning it off&turning it on againbut there is a twist after i turn it off and then turn it on again it go back to bluescreen...
  8. Get KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED everytime i turn on/restart my laptop

Get KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED everytime i turn on/restart my laptop: Hello my name is loafy every time i restart or turn on my laptop it say KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDi easily solve it with just turning it off&turning it on againbut there is a twist after i turn it off and then turn it on again it go back to bluescreen...
  9. Windows 10 crashing everytime I restart my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashing everytime I restart my laptop: Last week I turned on my pc from sleep mode and it crashed with blue screen. Atfer trying and trying to restart I could solve it by the "start repair" to restore it to a point where there wasn't any problem. After that it turned on okay. Now I was having some issues on...
  10. My laptop restarts everytime it resumes the windows reinstall.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop restarts everytime it resumes the windows reinstall.: Hi.. So my asus gaming laptop started giving me problems all of the sudden and i couldnt even do anything on my laptop anymore due to the fact that it was too slow... I decided to reset it since just resetting wouldnt require a copy of windows on a disc or something....