Windows 10: I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....

Discus and support I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card.... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can you erase a sound card. I thought that was hardware, not software. When I reinstalled windows 10 I had it erase everything and when it restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by James Daniel Blanks, May 26, 2023.

1. I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....

Can you erase a sound card. I thought that was hardware, not software. When I reinstalled windows 10 I had it erase everything and when it restarted my computer had no sound card. What happened?

:)

James Daniel Blanks, May 26, 2023
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, May 26, 2023
  3. Reinstalled Windows 10 and speaker sound quality poor

Hello Ellie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to try the below methods:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 26, 2023
  4. I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....

No sound from speakers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Update all your audio drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Double-click on the Sound card.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 26, 2023
Thema:

I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....

1. I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card.... - Similar Threads - reinstalled erase everything

2. I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate: I have a device that was working and fully activated but the disk corrupted and Windows was not able to repair it. I have made no hardware changes, the only thing I have done is boot from a USB to a disk from an old machine. Having rebuilt initially with the wrong version of...
  3. I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate: I have a device that was working and fully activated but the disk corrupted and Windows was not able to repair it. I have made no hardware changes, the only thing I have done is boot from a USB to a disk from an old machine. Having rebuilt initially with the wrong version of...
  4. I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....

I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....: Can you erase a sound card. I thought that was hardware, not software. When I reinstalled windows 10 I had it erase everything and when it restarted my computer had no sound card. What happened?...
  6. I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I reinstalled windows 10 and had it erase everything and now it says I have no sound card....: Can you erase a sound card. I thought that was hardware, not software. When I reinstalled windows 10 I had it erase everything and when it restarted my computer had no sound card. What happened?...
  7. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-10-and-now-it-says-its-not/63d1a9a5-62d3-4c2d-a771-051d20a5a4ae
  8. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-10-and-now-it-says-its-not/63d1a9a5-62d3-4c2d-a771-051d20a5a4ae
  9. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

10. reinstalling windows after a crash and everything was erased

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reinstalling windows after a crash and everything was erased: I was letting my computer update itself and the power went off and when power came on I lost everything on computer and I can't reinstall windows because I was using Windows 10 after a free upgrade. My Dell computer had windows 8.1 factory install but now its gone too. I...