Windows 10: I reinstalled windows 10 and kept my files but It’s been stuck here for about 2 and a half...

Discus and support I reinstalled windows 10 and kept my files but It’s been stuck here for about 2 and a half... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Murniggels [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Murniggels, Jul 9, 2020.

1. I reinstalled windows 10 and kept my files but It’s been stuck here for about 2 and a half...

/u/Murniggels, Jul 9, 2020
  2. shaunbeck Win User

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10, it kept asking for an external device to be plugged in then it changed to reinstalling my previous version of windows.

Original title: Issues with windows 10 upgarde

I tried to upgrade my computer to windows 10, it kept asking for an external device to be plugged in then it changed to reinstalling my previous version of windows. it has now been stuck for 2 days trying to reinstall my previous version of windows and will
    not do anything. Any suggestions? thanks

shaunbeck, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2020
  4. chirp Win User

I reinstalled windows 10 and kept my files but It’s been stuck here for about 2 and a half...

stuck with Windows media problem

still stuck

Darren and Reign,
    I could still use your help.

Things just aren't working and I have tried all I can think of plus your suggestions. I've done the WM codec installation. I have installed the encoder9. I have installed the community codec. I have tried to rollback the media player and reinstall various versions. Nothing has solved the problem.

Two points of interest however.
    I installed windows XP video decoder check up utility. It lists about seven or eight different decoders...none of which are recommended as preferred MPEG 2 decoders. (I downloaded the same program to my vista drive and it lists as the first item a MPEG 2 decoder. It is checked in green but is still listed as "not recommend for the system a a preferred decoder." That line item decoder does not show up in the list on the XP drive).
    Also, I downloaded Quicktime. When I attempted to play a .wma file on it the visual was brighter than it has been to this point. That was encouraging even though the image was still darkened more than it should be. Unfortunately, in an effort to download further codec components the visual seems to have fallen back to its extremely darkened screen and I can no longer make out the images.

I hope that information might trigger another thought from you as to another option that I might try.
    Thanks, chirp.

chirp, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

I reinstalled windows 10 and kept my files but It’s been stuck here for about 2 and a half...

1. I reinstalled windows 10 and kept my files but It’s been stuck here for about 2 and a half... - Similar Threads - reinstalled kept files

2. How can I restore files that has been deleted after being inactive for 2 and a half years.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore files that has been deleted after being inactive for 2 and a half years.: I already tried going to recycle bin and they are not there. I tried using google and all the options that they had available and none of those tips and tricks worked. I log into my old device and they are still there but it shows that they are uploaded to the cloud and have...
  3. This has been going on for about 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This has been going on for about 2 hours.: It's stuck on 20% for about 2 hours. And what is this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-has-been-going-on-for-about-2-hours/4c76a954-4030-42c3-8ff5-546b08af52aa
  4. Recover files kept in reinstall Windows 10 process

Recover files kept in reinstall Windows 10 process: Windows 10 would not boot. We tried to reinstall but selected the "keep files" option. Where are those files then located? Not finding them when now back in to the old hard drive....
  5. I see NOTHING in here about windows 10 pro

I see NOTHING in here about windows 10 pro: I see nothing here for help with windows 10 PRO ... sykpe will not download and run and my Nvida G-Force drivers will not update... since Pro is better then Home .. WHY am I having these problems...
  6. I have been stuck here forever please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have been stuck here forever please help: [IMG]I have tryed everything and dont have a clue left please help this is what i got when trying to use bootrec /rebuildbcd Add installation to boot list yes y/non/alla:y The requested system device cannot be found. Im running this on a macbook pro 2015, windows 10 pro...
  7. It's been stuck at this screen for about an hour and a half trying to install windows 10 on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It's been stuck at this screen for about an hour and a half trying to install windows 10 on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/oliver00777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iyxt39/its_been_stuck_at_this_screen_for_about_an_hour/
  8. Windows 10 Reinstallation - Kept Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reinstallation - Kept Files Disappeared: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my only desktop since I was told it (may) help things run a bit smoother, it went along fine and I had my brother help me through it. Nothing was lost and it seemed to have gone through as it should. I grabbed specific programs I wanted to...
  9. Windows Reinstallation - Kept Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Reinstallation - Kept Files Disappeared: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my only desktop, it went along fine and I had my brother help me through it. Nothing was lost and it seemed to have gone through as it should. I grabbed specific programs I wanted to keep from Windows.old folder that Windows created to put...
  10. New here with question about windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    New here with question about windows 10: Hi. new here, and I have a question about windows 10. I am planning a new build in the next few weeks, can I download windows 10 for free and install it on the new build. I am now running windows 7 home premium. I do not have sp1 though. I have read the instructions for...