Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

Discus and support I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by M Parks, Mar 20, 2023.

1. M Parks Win User

I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show.

:)

M Parks, Mar 20, 2023
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Mar 20, 2023
  3. Activate Windows

Hi Justin,

Corrupted update components could be one of the several factors why you are experiencing a continuous loop after updating. If you are getting a message that says you need to activate Windows, we suggest checking this
    article and follow the steps listed under
    Activating after reinstalling Windows 10.

Let us know if the above solutions work for you or if you need additional assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 20, 2023
  4. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

My PC suddenly says its not activated

For verification, now you are saying it isn't activated and Microsoft won't help you?

MeAndMyComputer, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

1. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated - Similar Threads - reinstalled says activated

2. I reinstalled Windows 10 Home but now I cant activate it anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled Windows 10 Home but now I cant activate it anymore.: Hey, I had problems with my PC for a long time so I decided to reinstall it.But now, I cant activate it.I donwloaded the same version I had before Windows 10 Home for OEM software.I also tried login in with the same Microsoft Account I had before with Windows activated, but...
  3. I reinstalled Windows 10 Home but now I cant activate it anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reinstalled Windows 10 Home but now I cant activate it anymore.: Hey, I had problems with my PC for a long time so I decided to reinstall it.But now, I cant activate it.I donwloaded the same version I had before Windows 10 Home for OEM software.I also tried login in with the same Microsoft Account I had before with Windows activated, but...
  4. I reinstalled Windows 10 Home but now I cant activate it anymore.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-10-and-now-it-says-its-not/63d1a9a5-62d3-4c2d-a771-051d20a5a4ae
  6. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-10-and-now-it-says-its-not/63d1a9a5-62d3-4c2d-a771-051d20a5a4ae
  7. I used not activated Windows 10 for 2 years but now it says it's activated by organization.

I used not activated Windows 10 for 2 years but now it says it's activated by organization.: Hi, I use a free copy of Windows genuine but not activated Windows but since yesterday it says Windows is activated by the organization. I tried removing the license using cmd and restarted my Windows and after I clicked on troubleshooting Windows activation, It got...
  8. Now my Windows is not active and it constantly says Activate windows

Now my Windows is not active and it constantly says Activate windows: Hi there, I have purchased a Lenovo Lap 3 months back. Got Windows Home 10 Licence for a year free with the package. Now my Windows is not active and it constantly says Activate windows. The troubleshoot says My licence is for Windows Home 10 Single Language Whereas I am...
  9. Reinstalled windows now can't get it activated.

Reinstalled windows now can't get it activated.: I used to have Windows 7 Professional on my desktop, but in 2015 when they offered Windows 10 Pro for free, I got it. After awhile I noticed my desktop running slower and had little space on my terabyte hard-drive, so I did successfully reset my computer and fresh start it,...
  10. windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 was activated but now says needs activating,: so basically I had windows 8.1 pro I think it was, it was the top windows 8 anyway. so after windows 10 came out I upgraded and had no issues up until now where my computer says my windows is not activated. Can someone help me get round this issue so I can update my computer...