Windows 10: I reinstalled windows 10. I am trying to get rid of old programs ( ie wow64,

Discus and support I reinstalled windows 10. I am trying to get rid of old programs ( ie wow64, in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; l reinstalled I have old programs that I don't use but l can't take off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BruceHogan, Jan 2, 2019.

1. I reinstalled windows 10. I am trying to get rid of old programs ( ie wow64,

l reinstalled
    I have old programs that I don't use but l can't take off

:)

BruceHogan, Jan 2, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! I reinstalled windows 10. I am trying to get rid of old programs ( ie wow64, :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jan 2, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jan 2, 2019
  4. I reinstalled windows 10. I am trying to get rid of old programs ( ie wow64,

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

I reinstalled windows 10. I am trying to get rid of old programs ( ie wow64,

1. I reinstalled windows 10. I am trying to get rid of old programs ( ie wow64, - Similar Threads - reinstalled trying rid

2. I am trying to reinstall FeedBack Hub.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to reinstall FeedBack Hub.: Hi All, I found someone with Microsoft tech help on one of the forums with Windows Powershell code to get and actuivate Feed Back Hub.As you can see from the image, windows did not like that.Can anyone help please, or is this a nother microsft tech support phone call.Thanks...
  3. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  4. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  5. How to I get rid of this program

6. I am trying to get reinstall the Windows Store app, however...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to get reinstall the Windows Store app, however...: For context, I followed the guide stated by the first commentator in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-windows-app-store-on-windows-10-help/9b8b2c17-d5fb-473d-8b78-f18da875c1bd If you can't access it or read it, here's the whole...
  7. I am trying to get reinstall the Windows Store app, however...

I am trying to get reinstall the Windows Store app, however...: For context, I followed the guide stated by the first commentator in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-windows-app-store-on-windows-10-help/9b8b2c17-d5fb-473d-8b78-f18da875c1bd If you can't access it or read it, here's the whole...
  8. I am trying to get reinstall the Windows Store app, however...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...: I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that windows could not make the requested changes error code 0x80073712.though I am able to install the windows update...
  10. I am the administrator trying to get back on the insider program in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am the administrator trying to get back on the insider program in windows 10.: settings are greyed out for insider. Says administrator can only use. I am the administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-the-administrator-trying-to-get-back-on-the/8d6d5aa6-7cf0-4f3a-9e38-ed1e24aedd4a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. even i reinstalled the windows on my laptop i still get programs starting by itselfs