Windows 10: I reinstalled windows 10 on an ssd and now I can't use chrome. All other browsers still work.

Discus and support I reinstalled windows 10 on an ssd and now I can't use chrome. All other browsers still work. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After reinstalling windows 10 on an ssd I can't use chrome. All other browsers still work. Chrome just times out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by skyblue777, May 12, 2019.

1. I reinstalled windows 10 on an ssd and now I can't use chrome. All other browsers still work.

After reinstalling windows 10 on an ssd I can't use chrome. All other browsers still work.

Chrome just times out

:)

skyblue777, May 12, 2019

2. Google Chrome not working on Windows 10.

Hi Tigerali,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

As suggested in the previous post, I recommend you to first uninstall the google chrome browser from the computer.

After that try to download the google chrome browser software from the google website. Then try to reinstall google chrome browser software in compatible mode where you will install the software in previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the previous post to reinstall the google chrome browser.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using google chrome browser on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 12, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 12, 2019
  4. I reinstalled windows 10 on an ssd and now I can't use chrome. All other browsers still work.

Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 12, 2019
Thema:

I reinstalled windows 10 on an ssd and now I can't use chrome. All other browsers still work.

1. I reinstalled windows 10 on an ssd and now I can't use chrome. All other browsers still work. - Similar Threads - reinstalled ssd can't

2. I can't use App menu on chrome browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't use App menu on chrome browser.: I can't use App 'New Window' and 'New incognito Window' menu on chrome browser, if press mouse right click on chrome icon.How can i fix, this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-app-menu-on-chrome-browser/6f334919-1f7e-45a6-b61d-07c7f3e48c27
  3. can i use chrome as my browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can i use chrome as my browser: are you still able to use Chrome browser with new download of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-chrome-as-my-browser/927317ac-a88b-4283-8aa8-e0d20873e5f8
  4. I can only use Edge and no other browsers work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can only use Edge and no other browsers work: So i can only use edge and no other browser work, as soon as i open it it crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-only-use-edge-and-no-other-browsers-work/f05754e1-ec2a-4e74-b922-951703b72c20
  5. I still could not download Chrome and other software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I still could not download Chrome and other software: Dear all, I still could not get Google Chrome download on my PC, despite all settings and latest Win 10 pro upgrade for my PC. Seems like the browser stopping it : pls pls help..... [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Why can't i use chrome?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why can't i use chrome?: Hello, today as usual, I go to my computer when. Everything seems fine, when out of the blue when i try to start my chrome it needs me to ask for permission. I have no such thing as ''Family mode'' or whatever it's called, this is very annoying as I can't do anything with...
  7. Reinstalled Windows 10, but now I can't get Office 2013 to work...

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Reinstalled Windows 10, but now I can't get Office 2013 to work...: In 2014, I got Office 2013 from my university I installed it on a computer, which then ran Windows 8.1. It later was upgraded to Windows 10, and everything ran fine and dandy. For unrelated reasons, I had to reinstall Windows 10. I made sure to uninstall Office 2013 first,...
  8. I can't find my archived gmail. I use Windows 10 and Chrome browser.

I can't find my archived gmail. I use Windows 10 and Chrome browser.: The Inbox dropdown gives me options: Default, Important First, Unread First, Starred First and Priority First but not anything about archived gmails. So how do I find it? Please advise ASAP....
  9. Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers

Err_connection_failed in chrome and other browsers: Hi, I was facing this problem a couple of months ago. After using my laptop for few hours, 3 or 4 for example, i suddenly get the page which says: this site can't be reached with the error Err_connection_failed. In edge this problem comes under: hmmm... can t reached...
  10. BSOD using Chrome browser Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD using Chrome browser Windows 10: Hello everybody, Can anybody help me decrypting this BSOD. It appears regularly on my machine while using Google Chrome. The Computer is a new LENOVO Desktop. I ran the Memory check and apparantly everything seems to be OK which is why I presume it's Software related....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i reinstalled windows 10 on ssd and i cannot launch google chrome