Windows 10: I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus

Discus and support I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently My Pc got infected with virus or malware I used the windows reset couple times but still infected. Then I installed manually and clean the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MedCode, Mar 20, 2023.

1. MedCode Win User

I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus

Recently My Pc got infected with virus or malware I used the windows reset couple times but still infected. Then I installed manually and clean the disk. But the virus/malware still always there.

:)

MedCode, Mar 20, 2023
  2. cookies1 Win User

Infected by mail.ru virus

I reinstalled Java, now its version is 64-bit. We have deleted and cleaned a lot of things. So I think I shouldn't think my PC is infected now. I thought silly about residual files, sorry for that. This infected virus disrupted my psychology. Anyway, is there any step to clean or do something else for harmful file or stuff in my PC?

Thanks. I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus :)

cookies1, Mar 20, 2023
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    PC Infected with Virus

My boss isn't great with computers and clicked a link in an email she shouldn't have, now the PC is infected with one of those things asking for credit card info to buy anti virus software. I wasn't in the office today so I didn't get to look at it myself, but I told her to boot into safe mode and try system restore, it didn't work though and the virus/program still ran.

Usually in these cases, I just would reinstall Windows to make sure everything is clean. But she has data on this hard drive that can't be lost. When I go in tomorrow, I was going to see if I can copy the data to an external while in safe mode. I don't think it'll work, but I'll give it a shot.

I *think* I have a second internal hard drive at my office. Could I put this in the PC, install Windows on it, boot into the clean Windows then copy the files from the hard drive with the infected Windows?

Any suggestions how I should best deal with this?

OrbitzXT, Mar 20, 2023
  4. I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus

Reinstall Windows machines infected by virus

Hello Loan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Did you try resetting the PC plugging in to AC power?
    • Did you try scanning the PC using security software and check if it could clean the virus?
    I suggest you to run Microsoft Safety scanner to make sure that computer in not infected by malware.

Refer:
    Microsoft Safety Scanner

Disclaimer : Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

After performing the scan using the above application check if the system is functioning fine with no Virus.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus

1. I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus - Similar Threads - reinstalled couple times

2. My window 11 is infected with virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window 11 is infected with virus: When I turn no my system terminal open and display "Hello" after 5 seconds it will turn off. I can't even reset my pc. I tried to reinstall windows it's still not working.I tried with USB installation but it also failed My temp folder is filled temporary file...
  3. My window 11 is infected with virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My window 11 is infected with virus: When I turn no my system terminal open and display "Hello" after 5 seconds it will turn off. I can't even reset my pc. I tried to reinstall windows it's still not working.I tried with USB installation but it also failed My temp folder is filled temporary file...
  4. I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus: Recently My Pc got infected with virus or malware I used the windows reset couple times but still infected. Then I installed manually and clean the disk. But the virus/malware still always there....
  5. I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled windows 11 couple times and still infected with virus: Recently My Pc got infected with virus or malware I used the windows reset couple times but still infected. Then I installed manually and clean the disk. But the virus/malware still always there....
  6. Virus infected Windows Defender and made it unusable, how can I reinstall it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus infected Windows Defender and made it unusable, how can I reinstall it?: Recently I got a suspicious message from a windows system32 file asking for a windows 10 firewall rule exception. I went to check the Windows Defender protection and not only it wasn't active anymore but also it couldn't be enabled again.I installed a 30 day trial antivirus...
  7. Virus infection

Virus infection: i have encountered a .masodas virus which has infected my PC completely so please help, every file has been affected as .masodas extention. Please don't ask me to pay for the solution...
  8. Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10

Virus/Malware infection after trying to reinstall Windows 10: I was trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my 2/1 RCA laptop. After completing it Cortana was walking me through the start up procedures when things went sideways. Now I can't access my systems program and Microsoft Edge try's to load then crashes. I called a # that my 411...
  9. Virus infection

Virus infection: I recently brought a Acer Predator 17 X. After two weeks i noticed a “-“ flashing ln the top left hand side of t a blank screen that loaded after the Acer logo screen and the Windows10 loading screen. I found a utility on sorceforge that found a virus in the bootrecord that...
  10. I have infected with Virus

I have infected with Virus: I have this same virus happening on my Windows 10 like two or three time and NEVER STOPS. I don't download a lot of things, but it happens. It keeps on sending me notifications. It stopped now, but normally it would start up again and keep going. The sad part of this is even...