Windows 10: I remember pin but not password.. and to add microsoft account i need password

Discus and support I remember pin but not password.. and to add microsoft account i need password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I kept a password first to activate fingerprint. But later to give my lappy to my friends, I ket a pin and told him that and eventually, I recognized... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Vidya_Sagar_Vepa, Mar 6, 2019.

1. I remember pin but not password.. and to add microsoft account i need password

I kept a password first to activate fingerprint. But later to give my lappy to my friends, I ket a pin and told him that and eventually, I recognized that I forgot the password. now to add Microsoft account I need to enter the windows password.

By the way, I am using DELL G3, WINDOWS 10

:)

Vidya_Sagar_Vepa, Mar 6, 2019
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 6, 2019
  4. I remember pin but not password.. and to add microsoft account i need password

forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

I remember pin but not password.. and to add microsoft account i need password

1. I remember pin but not password.. and to add microsoft account i need password - Similar Threads - remember pin password

2. Remember pin but forgot password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remember pin but forgot password: I started using pin for a while now and I forgot my password. I should also note that I have access to an admin account but the account I forgot the password to is not admin. I tried changing it with cmd, which didn’t work:I tried changing it manually on the account with the...
  3. I need to sign into my Microsoft Account but I can't remember the password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to sign into my Microsoft Account but I can't remember the password.: I need to sign into my Microsoft Account but I can't remember the password. I can't reset it because whether I ask for a code to be sent to me via email or text it doesn't arrive. I just want to speak with someone!!!!!!!!!!...
  4. I need to sign into my Microsoft Account but I can't remember the password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I need to sign into my Microsoft Account but I can't remember the password.: I need to sign into my Microsoft Account but I can't remember the password. I can't reset it because whether I ask for a code to be sent to me via email or text it doesn't arrive. I just want to speak with someone!!!!!!!!!!...
  5. I need to sign into my Microsoft Account but I can't remember the password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Forgot my pin to my computer and I don’t remember the password to my Microsoft account

Forgot my pin to my computer and I don’t remember the password to my Microsoft account: Hello, I have forgotten the pin to my admin account and the password associated with the email to that account, I have been using this secondary account to access my computer but now I need to update some of the apps on my account and I can not do that without the admin...
  7. Forgot my pin to my computer and I don’t remember the password to my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot my pin to my computer and I don’t remember the password to my Microsoft account: Hello, I have forgotten the pin to my admin account and the password associated with the email to that account, I have been using this secondary account to access my computer but now I need to update some of the apps on my account and I can not do that without the admin...
  8. Remember pin but forgot password

Remember pin but forgot password: How to reset my laptop passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remember-pin-but-forgot-password/8acd0aa2-b806-4c81-a633-fd160884b9e2
  9. Remember PIN but forgot password

Remember PIN but forgot password: So, I remember my PIN for my account, which is an Administrator type Account, but I forgot my password. I tried reseting my password but because it asks me to enter my forgotten password, i can't reset my password. And also, my windows user isn't connected with my Microsoft...
  10. Forgot pc password but remember pin and Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Forgot pc password but remember pin and Microsoft account password: I was having some trouble today. i was trying to boot into safe mode (for a different reason) and it would not let me log in. From my understanding the admin password and the Microsoft password are different. I know both the Microsoft password and the pin winch i use to log...