Windows 10: I removed a large regedit folder

Discus and support I removed a large regedit folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I tried to delete a registry file, but I accidentally removed the entire software folder in "local machine" now I cannot log in to windows, what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Al_Gor1thm, Oct 28, 2020.

1. I removed a large regedit folder

Hey, I tried to delete a registry file, but I accidentally removed the entire software folder in "local machine" now I cannot log in to windows, what can I do?

(Also, I don't think I can turn it on in safe mode, cause the restart option does not work that well)

submitted by /u/Al_Gor1thm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Al_Gor1thm, Oct 28, 2020

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Oct 28, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Dani Pun Win User

I removed a large regedit folder

Large thumbnails as default to entire folders. Is possible?

Hi Kris,

We'd love to help you out with your concern.

You can set large thumbnails as default by doing the following steps:

• Go to the folder that you want to change the view settings and set it to Large view.
    • Click on View tab, then click Options (Note: If a menu drops down, select
      Change folder and search options).
    • From Options, click on the View tab, then click on the
      Apply to Foldersbutton.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Dani Pun, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

I removed a large regedit folder

1. I removed a large regedit folder - Similar Threads - removed large regedit

2. Why won't large fonts and dark mode work in RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't large fonts and dark mode work in RegEdit?: I have to use large fonts and dark mode due to limited eye sight, but these settings do not seem to carry through to other Windows commands or features. Such as regedit and control panel settings. The font is so tiny and screen so white that even trying to use a 30x...
  3. Why won't large fonts and dark mode work in RegEdit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't large fonts and dark mode work in RegEdit?: I have to use large fonts and dark mode due to limited eye sight, but these settings do not seem to carry through to other Windows commands or features. Such as regedit and control panel settings. The font is so tiny and screen so white that even trying to use a 30x...
  4. PasswordLess folder missing from Regedit

PasswordLess folder missing from Regedit: Hello.My computer is no longer accepting my pin. When I sign in with my username and password - it takes me right back to the pin screen. I also CAN NOT change my pin. I get the following error. Status: 0x80090011, substatus: 0x0I followed all the steps below - but I don't...
  5. I can't create folder in regedit!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't create folder in regedit!: It's based in ASP.NET Machine Account.I can't create folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-folder-in-regedit/dfe8e2be-882a-4650-a2ff-4dfaccff6b2a
  6. I can't create folder in regedit!

I can't create folder in regedit!: It's based in ASP.NET Machine Account.I can't create folders. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-create-folder-in-regedit/dfe8e2be-882a-4650-a2ff-4dfaccff6b2a
  7. Trouble removing registries in regedit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble removing registries in regedit: Hi For over a year now I've noticed that my chrome is being "managed". I have no idea what this is and noticed about 8 months ago that an extension I used before has been sold and some redirect virus plugged into it. Once I found out 1-2 days I immediately deleted it and...
  8. I just deleted an entire regedit folder by accident

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I just deleted an entire regedit folder by accident: The folder in question: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore\Children Nothing has happened yet but I am sure if I restart my computer the thing will be busted, please help....
  9. What is this large folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this large folder?: I noticed this folder contains c. 6GB of files - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Containers\BaseImages What's the purpose of that folder? 132688
  10. PE_C_PUBLIC folder in Regedit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PE_C_PUBLIC folder in Regedit: Has anyone had - or solved an issue where they find this folder in their registry editor? Its completely f**king annoying, can't delete it using the right click, sometimes can remove it with PowerShell commands then a restart & or a complete uninstall & reinstall of the...