Windows 10: I removed ie 11 from optional features and it caused some weird issues

Discus and support I removed ie 11 from optional features and it caused some weird issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i saw ie was installed on my new pc earlier and i thought 'well i dont use this browser so i mine as well uninstall it' boy that was a mistake, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iceninja255, Aug 9, 2020.

1. I removed ie 11 from optional features and it caused some weird issues

So i saw ie was installed on my new pc earlier and i thought 'well i dont use this browser so i mine as well uninstall it' boy that was a mistake, i did so and it prompted a restart which i thought was odd considering it was just a browser, well upon doing this and starting back up my pc i noticed most my game applications were converted to .url files with no thumbnails, what how did this happen?! I reinstalled internet explorer right away through optional features again, is everything okay? Could i have caused serious damage doing this?

submitted by /u/iceninja255
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iceninja255, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Frank1 Win User
    remove ie 11

I have windows 10 and originally had Ie 10. All of a sudden it has ie 11 which I don't like. I want to remove it and get back to 10. From the instructions I've see is to go to control panel click on add/remove programs. Then click on View installed updates, scroll down until you see internet explore 10 and remove it. Or click on Programs and features/View installed updated and do the same thing. However it does not list ie 11 and I know it's on here. Has anyone run into that and have an answer? Thank you.
    ~~~~Frank

Frank1, Aug 9, 2020
  4. I removed ie 11 from optional features and it caused some weird issues

Reinstall IE 11 in Windows 10 after Uninstalling in "Manage Optional Features"

I have restarted my PC many times and I am administrator of my PC.

Background of the problem:

• Installed update Windows 10 Version 1709
    • IE 11 would not load after the update, i.e. splash screen would load then the app would crash
    • Unchecked Internet Explorer in "Turn Windows Features on and off", restarted, rechecked IE, restarted. Same problem occurred.
    • Again, Unchecked Internet Explorer in "Turn Windows Features on and off", restarted
    • Uninstalled IE 11 in "Manage Optional Features", restarted
    • IE 11 now shows in "See Optional feature history"
    • IE 11 is not available to Add when click on "Add a Feature"

I think OS reinstall is probably necessary now but was hoping for an easier solution.

SteveBeer1, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

I removed ie 11 from optional features and it caused some weird issues

1. I removed ie 11 from optional features and it caused some weird issues - Similar Threads - removed optional features

2. Microsoft is removing some Folder Options in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is removing some Folder Options in Windows 11: Microsoft released a new Insider build to the Windows 11 developer channel this week. The build makes a number of changes; one of them removes several options in Folder Options. Folder Options allows users of the operating system to customize File Explorer behavior. There...
  3. Is it safe to remove these windows optional features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to remove these windows optional features?: Is it safe to remove these windows optional features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-remove-these-windows-optional/ffa78bf1-9959-474e-bfdc-75ae8c50ed86
  4. Is it safe to remove these windows optional features?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to remove these windows optional features?: Is it safe to remove these windows optional features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-remove-these-windows-optional/ffa78bf1-9959-474e-bfdc-75ae8c50ed86
  5. IE issue - unable to export the report from IE 11 in excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    IE issue - unable to export the report from IE 11 in excel: Hi all, I have an issue exporting reports from IE 11 to excel. Configuration: OS Version: Windows 10 Browser version: IE 11 Web Application: Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Workspace MS Excel version: Office 365 v 16.0 Steps to reproduce the Issue: 1. Open...
  6. Advanced Options missing some features

Advanced Options missing some features: Of late my Advanced Options only displays the Startup settings while other features such as Startup Repair and Command Prompt suddenly vanished. [IMG]...
  7. Remove some usefull feature

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove some usefull feature: After 1903 update Windows Hello face and separate brightness option are permanently removed. So I asked the developers to enable those options again. Here are the screenshots for better understandings. Before the update these two features are there but now brightness option...
  8. remove optional features in Windows 10

remove optional features in Windows 10: How do I remove the optional language features in Windows 10 v 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/remove-optional-features-in-windows-10/01bd1ba9-adca-4641-9c54-306f84184157
  9. Issue with IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Issue with IE 11: Hello, I'm on build 1709 and since the upgrade I have noticed that IE 11 does not display the website icons at the beginning of the Addess Bar and before the Tabs. It just shows the standard "e" IE 11 icon. However, when I open History the webpages icons are displayed. See...
  10. remove ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    remove ie 11: I have windows 10 and originally had Ie 10. All of a sudden it has ie 11 which I don't like. I want to remove it and get back to 10. From the instructions I've see is to go to control panel click on add/remove programs. Then click on View installed updates, scroll down until...