Windows 10: I removed myself from the Family account but i get an error...

Discus and support I removed myself from the Family account but i get an error... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So one day I removed myself from the family account so the "Ask a parent for permission" Wouldn't block an important site I need to reach. So back on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DaveyDukes, Aug 28, 2019.

1. I removed myself from the Family account but i get an error...

So one day I removed myself from the family account so the "Ask a parent for permission" Wouldn't block an important site I need to reach. So back on topic. I removed myself from the family account.. But it still says "Ask a parent" and I click "Continue" or "Ask by email" But it says "Something went wrong.. Were working on it, try again in a little bit... This has been happening for months... And the error.. Wont go away. I cant reach the site, can you please help.

:)

DaveyDukes, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 28, 2019
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Aug 28, 2019
  4. I removed myself from the Family account but i get an error...

Family Account Not Removing.

Hi Saksham,

I am sorry to know that you are unable to remove the Family account.

You need to remove it from the website and then from the computer if you do not want to see it on the log in screen.

To remove the account refer the steps below.

Sign in at
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . Remove or turn off the account.

On a PC, refer the steps below.

• Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “Delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.
    Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Restart the computer and check.

• Try to open User Accounts and check how many accounts are there.

• Open Run (type run in Search or press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run). Type netplwiz and Click OK.
    For reference:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

I removed myself from the Family account but i get an error...

1. I removed myself from the Family account but i get an error... - Similar Threads - removed myself Family

2. I cant remove myself from family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant remove myself from family safety: when i the parent try to remove myself from the group , it just says it cant be done at that time , i dunno what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-myself-from-family-safety/d5e0276c-9f38-4875-b288-78743fe2c5cb
  3. I cant remove myself from family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant remove myself from family safety: when i the parent try to remove myself from the group , it just says it cant be done at that time , i dunno what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-myself-from-family-safety/d5e0276c-9f38-4875-b288-78743fe2c5cb
  4. I cant remove myself from family safety

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to remove myself from a family

How to remove myself from a family: My account has randomly been added to a family some how and I don't recognise the email address. How can I remove myself from this family. My account has full child restrictions added and i cant buy anything from the store or go on google. My computer is used for work and I...
  6. cant remove myself from family account as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant remove myself from family account as admin: my mom was the admin of the family account a long time ago since she has got a new account and cant log into the old one. I was set as a admin to but I want a standard account cause the family account won't allow me to buy things. I've been stuck on this for a good hour so if...
  7. cant remove myself from family account as admin

cant remove myself from family account as admin: my mom was the admin of the family account a long time ago since she has got a new account and cant log into the old one. I was set as a admin to but I want a standard account cause the family account won't allow me to buy things. I've been stuck on this for a good hour so if...
  8. cant remove myself from family account as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  9. Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I remove myself from Microsoft Family ?: My dad created Microsoft family and I cannot download a file on my computer due to the restriction. Can I click on the button "Leave Family" to notify him?...
  10. removing myself from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing myself from family: the reason i have to ask this on here is because the microsoft support is absolutely useless, the "get help" app doesn't even work. I need to remove myself from my xbox family thing because my account is classed a "child" and this prevents me from buying game pass. I then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family link member deleted still asking for parent code