Windows 10: I renamed my system32 to a png, how do I fix this?

Discus and support I renamed my system32 to a png, how do I fix this? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I figured out that I accidentally renamed my system32 to a png, is there a way to fix this or do I have to restore my entire pc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MysteriousApparition, Feb 26, 2019.

1. I renamed my system32 to a png, how do I fix this?

So I figured out that I accidentally renamed my system32 to a png, is there a way to fix this or do I have to restore my entire pc?

:)

MysteriousApparition, Feb 26, 2019
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Feb 26, 2019
  3. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    I renamed my system32 to a png, how do I fix this? 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    I renamed my system32 to a png, how do I fix this? 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Feb 26, 2019
  4. I renamed my system32 to a png, how do I fix this?

rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution

i m have done that and get a error by looking on the internet i m have fixs it

3 How to rename cmd.exe to command.exe

Step 1: Open the old Control Panel

Step 2: go to System

Step 3: Advanced System Settings

Step 4: On the resulting dialog, Click the 'Environment Variables' button

Step 5: On the next dialog, in the System Variables section, find ComSpec

Step 6: change the C:\Windows\System32\cmd exe to the name you have given your real cmd backup, I used command.exe as example above

Step 7: go to C:\Windows\System32, search for cmd.exe.mui, rename it to command.exe.mui or whatever you have named the real cmd backup

step 8: open regedit go to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\runas\command

step 9: open (Default)

Step 10: Change "SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /C "%1"%" to

"SystemRoot%\system32\command.exe /C "%1"%" ( so only rename cmd to command ( becouse you have change the cmd.exe to command

scambaiter wob, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

I renamed my system32 to a png, how do I fix this?

1. I renamed my system32 to a png, how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - renamed system32 png

2. How do I fix windows\system32\winload.efi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix windows\system32\winload.efi: 32 file is missing! How do I repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-windowssystem32winloadefi/fdf1e0b1-04be-414b-98cc-bad1358109f8
  3. How do I fix windows\system32\winload.efi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix windows\system32\winload.efi: 32 file is missing! How do I repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-windowssystem32winloadefi/fdf1e0b1-04be-414b-98cc-bad1358109f8
  4. how do I rename my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I rename my account?: I have a new laptop which somehow named my account. In the past, I had the capability to name my account. Is that still available? I am the owner and administrator of this laptop....
  5. how do I rename my account?

how do I rename my account?: I have a new laptop which somehow named my account. In the past, I had the capability to name my account. Is that still available? I am the owner and administrator of this laptop....
  6. I accidentally renamed system32 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally renamed system32 files: I tried to rename some files on my pc to 1, 2 , 3.. by windows powershell and idk how did this happen but my system32 files renamed to 1 2 3 4 5 6.... And i tried to restart my pc and i taked an error named "Log file: C\Windows\sytem32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"And i searched...
  7. I accidentally renamed system32 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally renamed system32 files: I tried to rename some files on my pc to 1, 2 , 3.. by windows powershell and idk how did this happen but my system32 files renamed to 1 2 3 4 5 6.... And i tried to restart my pc and i taked an error named "Log file: C\Windows\sytem32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt"And i searched...
  8. I accidentally renamed system32 files

9. how do i delete png files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i delete png files.: how do i delete png files. i get "i don't have permission to to delete " I'm the administrator , what gives! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-png-files/4f9eaa63-a583-4bac-9dd5-d83ef6258ac7
  10. How do i fix corrupted System32 Files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i fix corrupted System32 Files?: How do i fix corrupted System32 Files? Tried Resetting the pc, Didn't help - still get dwrite.dll error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-corrupted-system32-files/caaa4e6b-abce-40af-b7d5-84e8f3bda0ea

Users found this page by searching for:

1. renamed everything in my SYSTEM32 directory cant rename it back