Windows 10: I replaced my motherboard and am now unable to re-activate windows (Windows 10 Pro). The...

Discus and support I replaced my motherboard and am now unable to re-activate windows (Windows 10 Pro). The... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The licence is a digital one (an upgrade from Windows 8 Pro retail). I have tried the "I recently changed hardware" option, this just says "We can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JeremyLange, Oct 5, 2019.

1. I replaced my motherboard and am now unable to re-activate windows (Windows 10 Pro). The...

The licence is a digital one (an upgrade from Windows 8 Pro retail).

I have tried the "I recently changed hardware" option, this just says "We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try again later."

How can I resolve this?

:)

JeremyLange, Oct 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

I replaced my motherboard and am now unable to re-activate windows (Windows 10 Pro). The... windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Can't reactivate Windows 10 Pro after replacing motherboard

Hi,

I've just replaced a faulty motherboard in my PC and tried to reactivate Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Activation troubleshooter. The license linked to my account is an upgrade from a retail version of a previous version (so i should be able to reactivate
    it). After selecting the correct device to activate I am presented with the following error message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

Learn more

You can also activate this device by going to the Store and purchasing a genuine copy of Windows.

I replaced my motherboard and am now unable to re-activate windows (Windows 10 Pro). The... Store.24.png

Go to Store

The "Learn more" page referred to does not help as I have just followed the steps listed on that page to get to where I am now.

Phil Brent, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Laurijan Win User

I replaced my motherboard and am now unable to re-activate windows (Windows 10 Pro). The...

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

I replaced my motherboard and am now unable to re-activate windows (Windows 10 Pro). The...

1. I replaced my motherboard and am now unable to re-activate windows (Windows 10 Pro). The... - Similar Threads - replaced motherboard unable

2. Hello. I have replaced my motherboard and now I am unable to activate my Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hello. I have replaced my motherboard and now I am unable to activate my Windows 10.: I am getting the error 0x803fa067 when trying to activate. I have included a screenshot.Thanks for any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-replaced-my-motherboard-and-now-i-am/dda44389-e598-4160-a3bb-c87831fbdcb8
  3. Hello. I have replaced my motherboard and now I am unable to activate my Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. I have replaced my motherboard and now I am unable to activate my Windows 10.: I am getting the error 0x803fa067 when trying to activate. I have included a screenshot.Thanks for any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-replaced-my-motherboard-and-now-i-am/dda44389-e598-4160-a3bb-c87831fbdcb8
  4. Hello. I have replaced my motherboard and now I am unable to activate my Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.: My ASUS ROG GU502G laptop recently had its motherboard replaced. Upon wiping it and setting it up for another user, I am unable to re-activate Windows 10 due to the old product key being used on the motherboard that was replaced. Is there any way to re-activate windows...
  6. Replaced the motherboard, unable to activate Windows

Replaced the motherboard, unable to activate Windows: I had to replace the motherboard and the processor on my PC. It was Windows 10 Home 64 bit with a legitimate box license. This license is transferable but I cannot activate my machine....
  7. Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate

Replaced motherboard now windows will not activate: Hello, Recently my motherboard stopped working and I had to replace it and the CPU, after buying and replacing the motherboard and CPU my computer is working again but now microsoft is telling me my windows10 pro is not genuine which of course it is and it seems the only way...
  8. Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate

Replaced Motherboard now Windows 10 will not Activate: Hi, I had to replace mother board and now my Windows 10 Pro will not Activate! It shows up in my Microsoft Account online but will not Activate Ran this an this is the screen shot: [ATTACH] This was an upgrade to my copy of Windows 7 Pro, why wont it Activate now?...
  9. Motherboard replacement and windows 10 re-activation

Motherboard replacement and windows 10 re-activation: My motherboard died and i had to get a new one, but I didn't know windows 10 wouldn't stay activated. I've had windows 10 since the first week it was given out as a free upgrade. I cannot find any of my old product keys, and I never had a physical one for my copy of windows...
  10. Re-activating Windows 10 Pro after a motherboard replacement

Re-activating Windows 10 Pro after a motherboard replacement: I think I'm royally screwed here, but want to confirm with you guys who are far move savvy than I am. I had an Asus Eee (mini) with Win7 that I upgraded (and I use the term loosely) to Win10 a couple of years ago when it was free. Shortly thereafter I purchased the MS...