Windows 10: I reset my laptop and now Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App are missing

Discus and support I reset my laptop and now Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App are missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I reset my laptop yesterday and I noticed that the Microsoft Store and Windows Photo app are missing. I have tried several methods to fix the issue but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AiSanemi1, Jan 25, 2022.

1. AiSanemi1 Win User

I reset my laptop and now Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App are missing

I reset my laptop yesterday and I noticed that the Microsoft Store and Windows Photo app are missing. I have tried several methods to fix the issue but nothing works. I have checked the Microsoft Store Service Status is listed as running, I uninstalled and reinstalled using the command prompt, and lastly I reset the Microsoft Store cache. I keep getting a pop-up saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store-app".Please help me out. I really want to resolve this issue. Thank you!Here are my specifications:Edition: Windows 10 Home Single Language Version: 20H2 OS build: 19042.150

:)

AiSanemi1, Jan 25, 2022

2. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

Hi,

I had to do a total reset of my laptop and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list.

I have done a search here and tried the troubleshooting and the Powershell options. I've also tried ordering the Photo app from the Microsoft website, however, since my Store app is also missing, apparently, this is useless.

Nothing has worked.

My version of Windows 10 is 1903 (OS Build 18362.356).

Thanks!

jaxgreygirl, Jan 25, 2022
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jan 25, 2022
  4. cereberus Win User

New laptop purchase missing microsoft store app, photos app

Enterprise is not for general consumer use so not sure how you got it legitimately.

Also it can be configured to block Store - so it is,probably hidden by a group policy.

Configure access to Microsoft Store (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs

cereberus, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

1. I reset my laptop and now Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App are missing - Similar Threads - reset laptop Microsoft

2. I reset my laptop and now Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my laptop and now Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App are missing: I reset my laptop yesterday and I noticed that the Microsoft Store and Windows Photo app are missing. I have tried several methods to fix the issue but nothing works. I have checked the Microsoft Store Service Status is listed as running, I uninstalled and reinstalled using...
  3. I reset my laptop and now Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App are missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I reset my laptop and now Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App are missing: I reset my laptop yesterday and I noticed that the Microsoft Store and Windows Photo app are missing. I have tried several methods to fix the issue but nothing works. I have checked the Microsoft Store Service Status is listed as running, I uninstalled and reinstalled using...
  4. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi,I had to do a total reset of my laptop, and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list....
  5. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi,I had to do a total reset of my laptop, and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list....
  6. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store and Photo apps missing after reset: Hi, I had to do a total reset of my laptop and after it was complete, the Microsoft Store and Photo apps are missing. The icon appear in the taskbar but, they will not launch. They do not appear in my apps list. I have done a search here and tried the troubleshooting...
  8. I reseted my computer, and now Microsoft Store is missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I reseted my computer, and now Microsoft Store is missing: So, around every year I reset my pc. But this year it uninstalled Microsoft Store. I don't know what I should do, intially I said that there has been and error when it has installing and didn't install Microsoft Store, so I reseted it again. The same issue, I tried all the...
  9. Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App missing after Laptop reset.

Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App missing after Laptop reset.: I recently reset my Windows 10 Hewlett-Packard computer back to factory settings to fix some issues I'd encountered here and now. Anyway, after the reset, my computer no longer had the Microsoft Store nor the Windows Photo App, and I'm concerned. I've attempted using the...
  10. New laptop purchase missing microsoft store app, photos app

New laptop purchase missing microsoft store app, photos app: Hi everyone, I purchased an Emachines laptop for my son to use at high school model number E729Z running Windows 10 Enterprise and I went to locate the App store app but it can not be found. I can not import photos from his iPhone or my Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Can anyone...