Windows 10: I reset my laptop and Windows is unable to activate.

Discus and support I reset my laptop and Windows is unable to activate. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I reset my Alienware 17 R4 today, assuming things would go just like every other reset I've ever done. Unfortunately I am not able to activate my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Das Kommish, Jan 26, 2023.

1. I reset my laptop and Windows is unable to activate.

Hello,I reset my Alienware 17 R4 today, assuming things would go just like every other reset I've ever done. Unfortunately I am not able to activate my Windows. I did search for help and tried some of the steps other we're suggested to do, but none of the answers are super clear.I did run a sfc /scannow and was able to repair some corrupted files. But what is the next step? It just says, if this doesnt fix it, keep trying other things. How do I know if it fixed my problem?Also, I do not recall ever using a product key. Windows was pre-installed because I bought the laptop bran

:)

Das Kommish, Jan 26, 2023

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. jmcslob Win User

I reset my laptop and Windows is unable to activate.

Unable to Activate Win 8

I was about to suggest run CMD as Admin and then do a "slmgr -ipk xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" activation...does anyone know if that works with win8?

jmcslob, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

I reset my laptop and Windows is unable to activate.

1. I reset my laptop and Windows is unable to activate. - Similar Threads - reset laptop unable

2. Unable to reset Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reset Laptop: There is a virus in my laptopand I am trying to reset my laptop but I am unable to do so.i was unable to open settings so I used command prompt to open WinRe but the reset option is missing there.When I am clicking on troubleshoot in WinRe it is directly taking me to advanced...
  3. Unable to reset Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset Laptop: There is a virus in my laptopand I am trying to reset my laptop but I am unable to do so.i was unable to open settings so I used command prompt to open WinRe but the reset option is missing there.When I am clicking on troubleshoot in WinRe it is directly taking me to advanced...
  4. I reset my laptop and Windows is unable to activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I reset my laptop and Windows is unable to activate.: Hello,I reset my Alienware 17 R4 today, assuming things would go just like every other reset I've ever done. Unfortunately I am not able to activate my Windows. I did search for help and tried some of the steps other we're suggested to do, but none of the answers are super...
  5. I reset my laptop and Windows is unable to activate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my laptop and Windows is unable to activate.: Hello,I reset my Alienware 17 R4 today, assuming things would go just like every other reset I've ever done. Unfortunately I am not able to activate my Windows. I did search for help and tried some of the steps other we're suggested to do, but none of the answers are super...
  6. I am unable to activate windows 10 Home on my laptop.

I am unable to activate windows 10 Home on my laptop.: Split from this thread.I am unable to activate windows 10 Home on my laptop. Previously it was preloaded Windows7 Home which was upgraded in normal course to Windows10 Home. I formatted the hard disk and now Windows won't activate. Please advise solving the problem....
  7. Unable to Activate Windows after Resetting

Unable to Activate Windows after Resetting: Built a new system in April. Used my original installation media/product key and everything has been fine. The newest update cause some issues with my system, so I reset my Windows. I chose the option to delete all files and start from scratch. After the reset, issues seemed...
  8. unable to activate the window in my laptop,

unable to activate the window in my laptop,: I am unable to activate the window in my laptop of Asus. Recently, system was asking for updating the window to Windows 10 pro. Done the same, however, same is not activated till now. Given the product key, still it is not accepting and not processing. Because of that,...
  9. I am unable to factory reset my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am unable to factory reset my laptop.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jacky-Mo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffzevz/i_am_unable_to_factory_reset_my_laptop/
  10. Unable to factory reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to factory reset my laptop: So I’ve been trying to factory reset my laptop but every single time, it stops at like 30% or something and brings me to a screen called “choose an option”. One of them is troubleshoot that gives me the option of resetting again but it doesnt work. Another one is continue,...