Windows 10: I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on

Discus and support I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had to reset my Packard Bell Laptop, now the wifi won't turn on. I'm using windows 10. [ATTACH] I went into settings, on "Wifi" I pressed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve_R_B, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Steve_R_B Win User

I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on

I had to reset my Packard Bell Laptop, now the wifi won't turn on. I'm using windows 10.

I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on 160b8532-0651-43f2-9f22-a3f0f6f939d5?upload=true.jpg

I went into settings, on "Wifi" I pressed the virtual switch to "On"...

I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on 6a3f0282-18d0-4059-b75a-6f984d73828a?upload=true.jpg

But after the blue spinny "working on it" thing spun for a bit...

I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on 7976b48a-381e-433e-af88-c7655474b9dd?upload=true.jpg

The switch remained on, but the wifi was still off...

I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on 8e2b469f-258e-4553-bcff-57c981154367?upload=true.jpg

And when I returned to the page, it was off again.

I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on ec918460-4639-43d8-8122-fcae1cb3fff9?upload=true.jpg

As you can see- the wifi is not connected, but it says the network device is "enabled".

I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on 2b91dc03-24d3-44b8-a988-9ab37c0e370e?upload=true.jpg

I tried disabling and enabling again, but that didn't work. I tried troubleshooting, that didn't work.

I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on 6890175b-55a7-4ca6-8563-ec4e332cc9b6?upload=true.jpg

Any ideas? It's driving me mental.

:)

Steve_R_B, Dec 13, 2018

2. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Dec 13, 2018
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. I Reset My Laptop, now my wifi won't turn on - Similar Threads - Reset Laptop wifi

2. I factory reset my laptop, now it won’t turn on!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I factory reset my laptop, now it won’t turn on!: I decided my laptop was to slow, I factory reset it and it turned off and when it turned back on it gave me a pop up that said “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an error, windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click ok. To restart the...
  3. I factory reset my laptop, now it won’t turn on!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I factory reset my laptop, now it won’t turn on!: I decided my laptop was to slow, I factory reset it and it turned off and when it turned back on it gave me a pop up that said “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an error, windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click ok. To restart the...
  4. my wifi won't turn back on

my wifi won't turn back on: so my Wi fi is stuck on tuned off.it says its turned off and asks me to manually turn it on it shows the other options too, well i know i can with the Wi fi switch button , but it does not work. i tried "turn wifi back on 1 hour later" but still that didn't workso the switch...
  5. my wifi won't turn back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my wifi won't turn back on: so my Wi fi is stuck on tuned off.it says its turned off and asks me to manually turn it on it shows the other options too, well i know i can with the Wi fi switch button , but it does not work. i tried "turn wifi back on 1 hour later" but still that didn't workso the switch...
  6. my wifi won't turn back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping: I reset my laptop last night due to I virus I presumed I got and it was going well until it got up to 50% it turned itself off and when I turned it back on it said it was on 0% so I charged it and waited until morning, I turn it back on and it opens up with it's usual screen...
  8. My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping

My laptop turned off during reset and now won't stop looping: I reset my laptop last night due to I virus I presumed I got and it was going well until it got up to 50% it turned itself off and when I turned it back on it said it was on 0% so I charged it and waited until morning, I turn it back on and it opens up with it's usual screen...
  9. Followed this tutorial and my laptop won't turn on now.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Followed this tutorial and my laptop won't turn on now.: I just got a new Acer laptop and I was only getting 6.6 useable ram instead of the full 8gb so I followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYIvq6qoaCE my laptop won't come back on now and I get error messages bad system config info windows 10 submitted by...
  10. Wifi won't turn on laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi won't turn on laptop.: I go into network settings and try slide green slider to on but just flips back to off.. I tried with ethernet and it works that way. Any ideas? 21581