Windows 10: I reset my pc and problems began

Discus and support I reset my pc and problems began in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I reset my laptop and, when given the choice, I decided to keep my personal files. After my laptop reset , I found out that all my files were gone. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CamilaArg, Apr 19, 2020.

1. CamilaArg Win User

I reset my pc and problems began

I reset my laptop and, when given the choice, I decided to keep my personal files. After my laptop reset , I found out that all my files were gone. On top of that, I can´t open any pictures because all the windows 10 apps photos, calendar, Microsoft store, etc have disappeared as well. Please help. I think there has been a problem with the activation but I´m not sure.

:)

CamilaArg, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Ikaruga Win User

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Apr 19, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 19, 2020
  4. I reset my pc and problems began

Unable to reset the pc

Hello,

If you are having that message while trying to reset your computer, We suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 using Media
    Creation Tool
    and perform a Reset.

Once the installation media is created, follow the steps below:

• Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can use Safe Mode. Select
      Advanced Options >Reset This PC>Remove everything.
    • After the reset is complete, check for status.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

I reset my pc and problems began

1. I reset my pc and problems began - Similar Threads - reset problems began

2. i having a problem with reset my windows11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i having a problem with reset my windows11 pc: i having a problem with reset my windows11 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-having-a-problem-with-reset-my-windows11-pc/c536b8cb-c5e5-4169-a249-698020bed7cf
  3. i having a problem with reset my windows11 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i having a problem with reset my windows11 pc: i having a problem with reset my windows11 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-having-a-problem-with-reset-my-windows11-pc/c536b8cb-c5e5-4169-a249-698020bed7cf
  4. Problem resetting my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem resetting my PC: I finished installing a new hard drive in my computer and since I did not have a disc to install Windows 10, I made a USB drive with the Windows 10 Installation Media per instructions on this site. I started going thru the recovery process and as the Recovering Process...
  5. I have a problem... cannot reset my PC..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a problem... cannot reset my PC..: .Here is a screen shot of the root directory. I think there is something wrong. looks like there are actually no files on the physical machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-cannot-reset-my-pc/62e058dd-6586-4b2e-84e9-35c364c8e4cd
  6. I ran into a problem with resetting my pc.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I ran into a problem with resetting my pc.: Here's what happened : Windows 10 home I tried to restore my college laptop and ran into a reboot loop with no escape now the os can't load because prior to that I tried to remove the users since it was supposed to be a complete wipe off. And tried I get my head around how...
  7. problem in resetting my pc

problem in resetting my pc: i am unable to reset my pc when i reset my pc it shows there is problem in resetting this pc .no change were made so please anybody helpe in resetting my dell Inspiron 15 5500 laptop windows 10 version 2004...
  8. Problems resetting my PC

Problems resetting my PC: I have tried resetting my pc but I was having problems saying that it can't reset so I made a recovery drive to try and reset it from there but it got to about 32% then decides there is a problem resetting it from there as well. So now I can't reset from the recovery drive...
  9. A bunch of problems after I reset my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A bunch of problems after I reset my PC: Hello A few days ago I built my new PC and I reset it because I had a ton of unwanted programs and files, so that's what I did and afterwards It turns out my windows pro got downgraded to windows home and now the Activate Windows thing on the bottom left won't go away...
  10. Problem with reseting my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with reseting my PC.: I have resetted my PC before 1 or 2 times with the Recovery, it has worked. Today i tried to reset my pc again and it says "There was a problem resetting your PC" I have everything i could but it still doesnt work. I have Windows 10 Pro....