Windows 10: I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have?

Discus and support I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have?I also was having the issue of being asked for my Bitlocker key each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DominicLinford, Jun 24, 2022.

1. I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have?

I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have?I also was having the issue of being asked for my Bitlocker key each boot, so I turned off Bitlocker?

:)

DominicLinford, Jun 24, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 24, 2022
  3. Stecyk Win User
    Resetting Bios Password

I am doing some spring cleaning, getting rid of old desktops, laptops, and routers. Regarding the computers, I am wanting to wipe the hard drives with Darik's Boot and Nuke software. When I booted up one old Dell desktop from 2001, I learned that it requires a BIOS password. Why I ever put one on is beyond me. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the password. The rest of this message will be about wanting to know if my understanding for resetting the BIOS password is correct.

Technically, this thread/message isn't about Windows 10 specifically. But it does relate to hardware, and I am hoping that it would apply to a significant number of computers, so I hope this message is okay.

I called Dell, and the technician said that I needed to reset the jumper on motherboard to reset the BIOS password. After opening the case on my old Dell computer and hunting on the internet, this is the what I think I have learned. I will present photograph of a portion of the motherboard.

I reset my PC now  when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have? [​IMG]

I have put a red rectangular box around what I think is the jumper for the BIOS. I note that "PASS" is written on the motherboard beside those three pins.

I believe these are steps I need to follow. Please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Turn off and unplug the computer. (It has been off and unplugged for about ten plus years. I just plugged it in today. I am not sure if this information is relevant. Perhaps it helps with regard to the motherboard's battery.)
    2. Open the case and locate those "PASS" pins again.
    3. Switch the jumper from the current two pins to include the third pin and middle pin. Leave it there for 5 seconds or more. In other words, move the jumper over one pin for a few seconds.
    4. Reset the jumper back to its original position with the original pins.
    5. Plug in the computer, and attempt to boot it up.
    6. Assuming it boots up, open CD tray and put in Darik's Boot and Nuke software and follow the steps.

Is there any information that I am missing? Do I have the correct location for the jumper? Are my steps correct?

Thank you for your help.

Stecyk, Jun 24, 2022
  4. bobkn Win User

I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have?

Resetting BIOS password

As an anti-theft measure, resetting a BIOS password on a laptop isn't supposed to be easy.

Acer Support may suggest taking it to an authorized service center.

Good luck.

bobkn, Jun 24, 2022
Thema:

I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have?

1. I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have? - Similar Threads - reset try access

2. I need help getting into my PC I tried resetting my password but it's saying I don't have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting into my PC I tried resetting my password but it's saying I don't have...: I'm trying to get in into my PC and reset my password it keeps telling that I'm not giving enough information to be able to rest which is ridiculous...
  3. I need help getting into my PC I tried resetting my password but it's saying I don't have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help getting into my PC I tried resetting my password but it's saying I don't have...: I'm trying to get in into my PC and reset my password it keeps telling that I'm not giving enough information to be able to rest which is ridiculous...
  4. I need win 10 password. I don't have access to current password. I am trying to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need win 10 password. I don't have access to current password. I am trying to access...: Split from this thread. I need win 10 password. I don't have access to current password. I am trying to access password not pin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-win-10-password-i-dont-have-access-to/6a7ef927-715e-40b9-92bb-dd0759b9a05d
  5. I need win 10 password. I don't have access to current password. I am trying to access...

I need win 10 password. I don't have access to current password. I am trying to access...: Split from this thread. I need win 10 password. I don't have access to current password. I am trying to access password not pin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-win-10-password-i-dont-have-access-to/6a7ef927-715e-40b9-92bb-dd0759b9a05d
  6. I need win 10 password. I don't have access to current password. I am trying to access...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have?

I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have?: I reset my PC now when I try and access bios I need a password which I don't have?I also was having the issue of being asked for my Bitlocker key each boot, so I turned off Bitlocker?...
  8. I tried resetting my pc and I need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I tried resetting my pc and I need help: I tried to reset my pc yesterday and everything was going fine after it restarted it didn’t connect to the monitor even though the pc was on? It was like that for about 8 hours then I just turned it off by the button, after doing that I tried resetting the pc again and that...
  9. When I try to access other computers on my network it asks for a password, and I have no...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I try to access other computers on my network it asks for a password, and I have no...: I have tried every password I can think of, including the password for my wireless router, and it doesn't accept any of them. There is no way I can see to change the password. So, how do I access the data on different computers in my network....
  10. Trying to reset the password on a computer I don't know the password on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to reset the password on a computer I don't know the password on: Hello everyone, So I'm trying to reset the password on a Windows 10 computer that I don't know the password on. What I've tried todo is to get a installation media and try to replace the utilman.exe I think that's what its called To the cmd. The only problem is that all the...