Windows 10: I reset my PC, problems I thought it would fix still occur

Discus and support I reset my PC, problems I thought it would fix still occur in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Because of many problems with my software, I decided to take extreme action, so I did a Factory Rest on my Windows 10 PC. I chose to keep my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by QuickSilver04, Jun 4, 2020.

1. I reset my PC, problems I thought it would fix still occur

Because of many problems with my software, I decided to take extreme action, so I did a Factory Rest on my Windows 10 PC.

I chose to keep my files and afterwards, everything worked just as well as I expected it to; All my files were there, all my apps were not.

After resetting though, I slowly discovered little problems with my system that had not been eradicated:

1. Windows Spotlight Lock Screen displays as my theme color. captions display but the images don't
    2. OneDrive can't fully sync. It is stuck at Processing Change Link to Question
    3. Thumbnails for videos STILL do not display in my OneDrive Folder
    4. I'm sure I'll find more

OneDrive really needs to fix this. I am a video editor/producer and these 'little inconveniences' make it nearly impossible for me to do anything video-related.

Please reply ASAP

QuickSilver04

:)

QuickSilver04, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Tankachoo Win User

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me I reset my PC, problems I thought it would fix still occur :)

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too I reset my PC, problems I thought it would fix still occur :)

-

Tankachoo, Jun 4, 2020
  3. There was a problem resetting your PC

Hi Ronnie,

The issue you're getting when resetting your PC may have occurred if there are broken or corrupted Windows components. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes to your PC prior to the resetting issue?
    • When you try to backup your files, did you get any error messages?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Ikaruga Win User

I reset my PC, problems I thought it would fix still occur

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

I reset my PC, problems I thought it would fix still occur

1. I reset my PC, problems I thought it would fix still occur - Similar Threads - reset problems thought

2. My PC still thought I'm in China.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC still thought I'm in China.: This problem occures in most of the applications I have installed on my laptop which are banned in China but my browsers work fine.For now the mail, Whatsapp, Discord etc. aren't working hence I'm using them on web.I have changed my location back to Malaysia but the problem...
  3. My PC still thought I'm in China.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC still thought I'm in China.: This problem occures in most of the applications I have installed on my laptop which are banned in China but my browsers work fine.For now the mail, Whatsapp, Discord etc. aren't working hence I'm using them on web.I have changed my location back to Malaysia but the problem...
  4. My PC still thought I'm in China.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I fix there was a problem reseting this pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix there was a problem reseting this pc?: I wanna reset my pc but suddenly it say there was a problem reseting this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-there-was-a-problem-reseting-this-pc/6ed504e3-a6da-4a48-9eed-6bd882c428a2
  6. How do I fix there was a problem reseting this pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix there was a problem reseting this pc?: I wanna reset my pc but suddenly it say there was a problem reseting this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-there-was-a-problem-reseting-this-pc/6ed504e3-a6da-4a48-9eed-6bd882c428a2
  7. How do I fix there was a problem reseting this pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Thought I would cross post cuz I need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thought I would cross post cuz I need help: submitted by /u/danny-da-vito [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mov6yd/thought_i_would_cross_post_cuz_i_need_help/
  9. I fixed a Bluescreen Error and a new problem occured...

I fixed a Bluescreen Error and a new problem occured...: So it all started when I casually played Minecraft and my PC began to freeze and a Bluescreen occured. It happened several times until I stopped playing the game. After a couple of months I started to play it again and the Bluescreen came back. At first it was only Minecraft...
  10. Problem has occured trying to reset pc

Problem has occured trying to reset pc: Could a virus be stopping the pc from resetting. I’ve tried using a recovery drive and just doing a normal reset everytime it says a problem has occured try to reset this pc. It only happens with it start to actually reset the pc, not just in GUI menus, where you click reset...