Windows 10: I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working

Discus and support I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JefferyJackson1, Dec 31, 2018.

1. I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working

I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working

:)

JefferyJackson1, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Sue-Z13 Win User

Windows 10 Reset: Mouse and keyboard not working

My keyboard and mouse stopped working yesterday in Windows 10 and I don't know how to reset. Device manager says keyboard working properly but mouse properties doesn't even have a mouse listed! I'm NOT a computer geek and it's driving me nuts. I'm using
    tablet mode for now. How can I make the mouse show up and reset? Oh and ALL my lights are out on the main keyboard that let's me know it's plugged in, running and online too! It's like my main keyboard died. Is there a fix?

Sue-Z13, Dec 31, 2018
  3. DeepalM Win User
    Windows 10 Keyboard and mouse suddenly stopped working.

Windows 10 - Keyboard and mouse all of sudden stopped working.

The same keyboard and mouse works on 2 other laptops.

What I have tried so far to fix.

• Tried a different wireless keyboard and mouse. - no luck.
    • Ran the Troubleshooter - Hardware and Devices - It 'applied a fix' and rebooted. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the drivers under HID from device manager. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the USB drivers. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled the root hub. - still no luck.
    • Tried System Restore to the previous date before the last windows update today. - still no luck

Only strange thing is after rebooting the same drivers that I deleted shows up on device manager

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Enterprise - 1709 build 16299.248

DeepalM, Dec 31, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

1. I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working - Similar Threads - reset keyboard mouse

2. Windows 10 Reset-Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working DURING Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset-Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working DURING Reset: During the reset procedure, the PC restarts and brings you to a blue screen which prompts you to select a “keyboard language”. The problem is the keyboard or mouse no longer works recognized by PC. I have tried to use different usb ports for keyboard and even a usb hub and no...
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10: Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10 I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 --- Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me...
  4. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10: I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 --- Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated. Keyboard and Mouse are wired -...
  5. After reseting my pc i cant install windows because my mouse and keyboard stop working at...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After reseting my pc i cant install windows because my mouse and keyboard stop working at...: So yesterday i reset my pc deleting all the files and everything and when everything was done i turn on the pc and the screen to select a region shows up but for some reason my mouse and keyboard arent working Note: when i turn pc on my mouse has rgb lights but as soon as...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Not Working After Resetting Windows 10

Keyboard and Mouse Not Working After Resetting Windows 10: After going through reset of Windows 10, my computer restarts and asks me to select my keyboard configuration. But the USB keyboard and mouse have no power and do not allow me to select the keyboard configuration to finish the windows reset process. I have confirmed the...
  7. After a windows 10 reset mouse and keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After a windows 10 reset mouse and keyboard is not working: After a windows 10 reset my keyboard and mouse are not working because of that I can't use my computer and please help me and don't tell me to go to start menu and go to settings and that all because I can't control my PC help me. I can't control my computer so please help as...
  8. Keyboard and mouse not working while resetting windows 10

Keyboard and mouse not working while resetting windows 10: I reseted windows 10 and all went well but when i come to part where i have to select language and country my keyboard and mouse dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-while-resetting/a936ba0a-0023-415d-a3f2-c0a3ce0d7dd5
  9. Windows reset. no working mouse or keyboard

Windows reset. no working mouse or keyboard: I have tried to do a W10 reset with keeping my files. When I get to pick your region screen neither the USB mouse or keyboard will work, so I cannot proceed! I tried it again with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse but I get the same problem. Legacy USB support is enabled in the BIOS...
  10. In the middle of an update my keyboard and mouse stopped working.

In the middle of an update my keyboard and mouse stopped working.: My computer was updated automatically and in the middle of the update it does not detect the keyboard or the mouse, I have connected the keyboard to another PC and it works, because that is what happens....