Windows 10: I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working

Discus and support I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JefferyJackson1, Dec 31, 2018.

1. I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working

I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working

:)

JefferyJackson1, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Sue-Z13 Win User

Windows 10 Reset: Mouse and keyboard not working

My keyboard and mouse stopped working yesterday in Windows 10 and I don't know how to reset. Device manager says keyboard working properly but mouse properties doesn't even have a mouse listed! I'm NOT a computer geek and it's driving me nuts. I'm using
    tablet mode for now. How can I make the mouse show up and reset? Oh and ALL my lights are out on the main keyboard that let's me know it's plugged in, running and online too! It's like my main keyboard died. Is there a fix?

Sue-Z13, Dec 31, 2018
  3. DeepalM Win User
    Windows 10 Keyboard and mouse suddenly stopped working.

Windows 10 - Keyboard and mouse all of sudden stopped working.

The same keyboard and mouse works on 2 other laptops.

What I have tried so far to fix.

• Tried a different wireless keyboard and mouse. - no luck.
    • Ran the Troubleshooter - Hardware and Devices - It 'applied a fix' and rebooted. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the drivers under HID from device manager. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled all the USB drivers. - still no luck.
    • Uninstalled the root hub. - still no luck.
    • Tried System Restore to the previous date before the last windows update today. - still no luck

Only strange thing is after rebooting the same drivers that I deleted shows up on device manager

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Enterprise - 1709 build 16299.248

DeepalM, Dec 31, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

1. I reset my windows 10 and the keyboard and mouse stop working - Similar Threads - reset keyboard mouse

2. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: Widows 10 pro 64-bitwindows update version 1909 4gb rab 256gb ssdIntelR coreTM i5-5200 CPU @2.20GHzMy problem is:My keyboard and mouse stopped working after update but some of its keywords work like alt+f4 tab, num lock keys, etc,And after some times spend my mouse and...
  3. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: Widows 10 pro 64-bitwindows update version 1909 4gb rab 256gb ssdIntelR coreTM i5-5200 CPU @2.20GHzMy problem is:My keyboard and mouse stopped working after update but some of its keywords work like alt+f4 tab, num lock keys, etc,And after some times spend my mouse and...
  4. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.: My keyboard and mouse aren't working after I reset my pc. I tried to reset my pc of the malware I got. In result I reseted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stop working. My mouse and keyboard works when i'm in BIOS settings or that blue screen repair thing. I tried going to...
  6. Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.: My keyboard and mouse aren't working after I reset my pc. I tried to reset my pc of the malware I got. In result I reseted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stop working. My mouse and keyboard works when i'm in BIOS settings or that blue screen repair thing. I tried going to...
  7. Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after Resetting the PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after Resetting the PC: It’s happened three months ago I’m at trying to get it fixed but don’t know how mousing keyboard doesn’t work in the safe mode it works in Bio settings And the automatic repair mode and I restarted it fully thinking it would fix the problem but no it still didn’t work so now...
  9. My keyboard and mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My keyboard and mouse stopped working: my Lenovo will not wake up from hybernation unless I reboot. While trying to figure this out my keyboard and mouse stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-and-mouse-stopped-working/369b7251-0044-4413-9882-9250df86d1b5
  10. Windows 10 Reset-Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working DURING Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset-Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working DURING Reset: During the reset procedure, the PC restarts and brings you to a blue screen which prompts you to select a “keyboard language”. The problem is the keyboard or mouse no longer works recognized by PC. I have tried to use different usb ports for keyboard and even a usb hub and no...