Windows 10: I reset my windows 10, but when it finishied an ''Other User'' Showed up on the log-in...

Discus and support I reset my windows 10, but when it finishied an ''Other User'' Showed up on the log-in... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I reset my Windows 10 because my computer was acting up. When it finished resetting, it took me to the log-in screen. I expected it to ask me to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Giorgos Kalostypis, Jan 13, 2019.

1. I reset my windows 10, but when it finishied an ''Other User'' Showed up on the log-in...

So I reset my Windows 10 because my computer was acting up. When it finished resetting, it took me to the log-in screen. I expected it to ask me to create a new User, but instead there was an ''Other user'' already selected (before this screen i wasn't asked to click or create anything). It requires a username and a password, but no matter what i do it won't let me log in. I tried my previous Users username and password (the one i had before resetting) and even my microsoft account, but none of them worked. I can't get past this screen at all, so i don't have any access to my computer. There is no "Switch User" option either, and i have no internet connection even though my computer is connected with an ethernet cable (which worked perfectly fine before resetting). I have a picture of the log-in screen if that helps.

:)

Giorgos Kalostypis, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Startup Reset log in showing "preparing Windows" for long time

Since yesterday, Windows 10 Os' s taking longer time than usual to open, and on first screen of log in showing "preparing Windows" for long time and then goes directly to set up pin screen. After I skip the step, it takes to Microsoft password verification
    screen, then opens the desktop as reset and refreshed (i.e., no saved files in desktop, only few installed programs are there). After working and shutting down the PC, it again resets and shows as above to give pin and a new desktop. The computer is responding
    very slowly. Please suggest what steps to be taken to repair it. I don't want to reformat the pc.

Nadhiha Parveen, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I reset my windows 10, but when it finishied an ''Other User'' Showed up on the log-in...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

I reset my windows 10, but when it finishied an ''Other User'' Showed up on the log-in...

1. I reset my windows 10, but when it finishied an ''Other User'' Showed up on the log-in... - Similar Threads - reset finishied ''Other

2. Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer: I turn on my computer and there use to be 4 accounts that showed up. Now it doesn't show any and I can only access the main account. I was using my other account a couple days ago and now I cannot see them. Please help...
  3. Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer: I turn on my computer and there use to be 4 accounts that showed up. Now it doesn't show any and I can only access the main account. I was using my other account a couple days ago and now I cannot see them. Please help...
  4. Other user accounts not showing up on the side when logging into my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In: I had a "Guest" account added to my PC that was not password protected, and recently it has become inaccessible. Under Other Users there is no longer a "Guest" account shown for me to remove it. How can I delete it?...
  6. Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In: I had a "Guest" account added to my PC that was not password protected, and recently it has become inaccessible. Under Other Users there is no longer a "Guest" account shown for me to remove it. How can I delete it?...
  7. Local User Account vanished from "Other Users" but still shows up on Log In

8. 'Other User' the only Log In showing up in Start up because of my meddling - I need help...

'Other User' the only Log In showing up in Start up because of my meddling - I need help...: I tried to unhide, what I believed earlier, was a hidden 'Guest' User on my Windows 10 PC. I searched the internet and found one tech website that seemed ok. So I followed their instructions only to realise at the end, that what they were actually telling me was what NOT to...
  9. other users logged in, when there are no other users

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    other users logged in, when there are no other users: Computer is being very slow. So i was removing an unused program via the control panel and it told me that there were other users logged in. This is a personal device and there are no other users. I checked the C:/Users folder and there are several there: Allison...
  10. Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another user's data is showing up when I log into a windows 10 pc.: At work we we have active directory controlling user's logons. I am one of our IT guys. I have a user that when they log in someone else files and data are showing up. It says he is the one logged in but it is the other users data(desktop, shortcuts, everything) any idea on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lenovo resets and asks for other user